VC Fantasy Baseball League

just to clarify (because i'm dense as shit and always forget): i CANNOT keep my 1st and 2nd picks from last year, correct? (they were keepers.) that means i have to throw back robinson cano and adam jones.

if the answer to that is yes, then my picks are:

1. edwin encarnacion

2. josh donaldson

3. jose bautista

4. anthony Rizzo

Nice keepers. You certainly have power.

Nice keepers. You certainly have power.

thanks. if i remember correctly, rizzo was ranked in something like the 9th round, and we all let him slip until the 16th until i reluctantly pulled the trigger, figuring "how bad could we really think he'll be?" little did i know... definitely lucked out on that one.

just to clarify (because i'm dense as shit and always forget): i CANNOT keep my 1st and 2nd picks from last year, correct? (they were keepers.) that means i have to throw back robinson cano and adam jones.

if the answer to that is yes, then my picks are:

1. edwin encarnacion

2. josh donaldson

3. jose bautista

4. anthony rizzo

correct, and next season, you cannot keep edwin or josh.

damn froggy, those are some sexy young keepers you've got there. i think we're going punch for punch the first four rounds there.

see you fools thursday at 9! (6 PST, for this guy!)

Thanks. Cabrera, Stanton and Springer were three definites for me, but the 4th keeper was tough. Finally decided on Dickerson at the last minute.

I'm definitely looking forward to Thursday.

So I just set up the keepers for the draft, and an update.  

Ian, you traded your 4th rd pick last season to Stl_Ben (you got his 20th rd pick) to get Rodney back, which is tied to your 4th keeper.  So your election to keep Rodney is going to be forfeited.  The pick was not tied to the Puig trade which I thought it was, and doesnt change you being able to keep him. 

Other than that, everything is set and good to go!

Also, I wanted to see what you guys thought about maybe changing the keeper rule for next season, and base it off the draft instead.  Its a little more indepth, and I have no problem tracking everything to make it work.

Proposed new keeper rule: 

You can keep up 4 - 6? players for the 2016 season.  Your keeper slots in to whatever round you draft them in, minus 2 rounds.  So if you draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round (your keepers this year), they then become your 1st and 2nd round keeper for next year. If you draft someone in the 10th round and decide to keep them, they then get slotted in the 8th round of the 2016 draft.

Any players picked up during the season and chosen to be kept will be slotted in as a 15th round keeper, and will build forward from there.  So if you pick up 4 players, and keep 2 of them, they then would slot in the 2016 draft in rounds 14 and 15.

If you trade for a player and want to keep them they slot in the round that they were drafted, and are not subject to the minus 2 round penalty.

There is no limit to how long you can keep a player, unless they are in a position that would eliminate them from your keeper pool.

Example, I decide I am keeping Abreu next year, he slots in as my 1st round keeper.  I then make a bold trade for Cabrera from whosethefrog, but because he was a 1st round pick, and I am keeping Abreu, he automatically becomes available.  I could, though, decide to keep Cabrera and let Abreu be a free agent instead.

of course, this can be expanded upon, and will develop during the year, but I think it would be fun to try something new with the keepers.  what do you think