VC Fantasy Baseball League

We had a similar scenario come up in another league. In that case, we looked at when the pick up was. I have no problem with you using him as a keeper if you picked him up after I dropped him during the run of play. If he was picked up in stashed in the last few weeks (as was the case in my other league) it is a little more suspect, though not necessarily something that should be overturned. 

I think I had something like 5 or 6 DL eligible guys at one point last year and had to cut some people and a dude getting TJ is tough to keep in that situation.

I'm probably not going to keep him, but if the option is there I would consider him.

However, when I picked him up shouldn't be relevant as far as it being suspect or not. If a guy is available if the free agent pool he is free game for anyone. I just happened to be the team that picked him up. For me, a player's keeper value plays a huge part in whether I would drop him from my roster in the even of a season ending injury. However, I do understand your reason for dropping him since you had a boatload of injuries.

It's all good, I don't remember the particulars at the moment but we had a guy grab two dudes essentially to stash at the last minute in a sort of sneaky manner which we decided sort of went against the spirit of the league, even though it wasn't against the rules per se. I'm not saying it is relevant in this case, I was just giving some context to a similar situation. Different leagues...

I wouldn't have necessarily kept him anyway, I went for Beachy last year (or the year before) thinking he was a young high upside guy returning from TJ and that didn't work out so I'm a little put off that gamble ATM. 

I just want to clarify that I am reading it right. A team can choose to keep no players, however if you keep anyone they automatically get slotted in the first spot and second spot and so on. This is to ensure nobody has a keeper AND a first round pick. 

yes. you dont HAVE to keep anyone, but if you DO keep anyone they automatically fill the earliest round available.

• 2 weeks later...

can trade picks during the season, no trades of any type during the off-season.  

I'll be sending out an email to everyone later today about your keepers and a google poll on dates that work for drafts.  sorry, Ive been rather busy with family stuff the last week or so 

I locked the keeper form, if anyone has questions on who they kept just ask, but the list of players now available in free agency are below.  I locked the form because some teams have made their keeper selections and you need to make your elections based on your team, not others.  (FYI, I had mine set weeks ago, so dont worry :) )

2014 KEEPERS WHO ARE NOW FREE AGENTS

Cliff Lee

Longoria  

Votto

Sale  

Pedroia

Verlander  

Fielder

Tulowiski  

Cano

Adam Jones  

Wright

Chris Davis  

Darvish Trout  

Segura

Kimbrel  

Goldschmidt

Beltre  

Ellsbury

Jose Fernandez  

Hanley

Ramirez

Yadier Molina  

I locked the keeper form, if anyone has questions on who they kept just ask, but the list of players now available in free agency are below.  I locked the form because some teams have made their keeper selections and you need to make your elections based on your team, not others.  (FYI, I had mine set weeks ago, so dont worry :) )

2014 KEEPERS WHO ARE NOW FREE AGENTS

Cliff Lee

Longoria  

Votto

Sale  

Pedroia

Verlander  

Fielder

Tulowiski  

Cano

Adam Jones  

Wright

Chris Davis  

Darvish Trout  

Segura

Kimbrel  

Goldschmidt

Beltre  

Ellsbury

Jose Fernandez  

Hanley

Ramirez

Yadier Molina  

As I stated a page or two back I had picked up Jose Fernandez off the free agent pool when someone dropped him during the season. I wasn't the original owner of him when the 2014 season started. Is he eligible to be kept or not?

just to clarify (because i'm dense as shit and always forget): i CANNOT keep my 1st and 2nd picks from last year, correct? (they were keepers.) that means i have to throw back robinson cano and adam jones.

if the answer to that is yes, then my picks are:

1. edwin encarnacion

2. josh donaldson

3. jose bautista

4. anthony rizzo