Reggie and the Full Effect kickstarter

"no country for old musicians 12" available on kickstarter will be on red vinyl and only for the backers who pledged for vinyl. So it is special just for all you guys. the pressing will be limited to basically the amount you backers pledge for here on kickstarter. You collectors might want multiple copies of what will most likely be the rarest reggie vinyl ever. 

there will be other vinyl after its over, but not red. its the special campaign only color."

• 2 weeks later...

ouch

Yea that was pretty harsh, but to be fair $50k is way too much to ask for this.  He should've been optimistic at around $10k and had some stretch goals with extra rewards if he thought it was worth so much more.  I would rather not back this, knowing that it will release regardless, and get whatever variant is available after that fact (if the music is good).

Yea that was pretty harsh, but to be fair $50k is way too much to ask for this. He should've been optimistic at around $10k and had some stretch goals with extra rewards if he thought it was worth so much more. I would rather not back this, knowing that it will release regardless, and get whatever variant is available after that fact (if the music is good).

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86894-do-you-think-bands-are-taking-advantage-of-kickstarter/

For the record, I've spent more money on food from Domino's... DOMINO'S!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

after months of silence, an update today via Kickstarter...

Just wanted to let you all know, the record is 99.9% done, should be finally finished next week. ... Looks like the tour will be 6 weeks from jan to feb 2014. And then UK dates to immediately follow. Also, Japan and Australia are in the works. As soon as the routing and shows are confirmed I will contact the show reward backers to plan those days. 

I am working on a video as well. if you are familiar with reggie videos then you know what to expect. ha ha. I am so excited for you guys to hear the record. It is very funny. Sorry i had a few obstacles in the road come up, but we are still on track for a late october,early november release.

On a related note I asked Matt Pryor on Twitter if the split EP he's doing with James Dewees is going to be pressed and he said yes. It comes out (the digital version at least) on 5/21. If you haven't heard, shit is good! Really good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYlp5MYU_uY&feature=youtu.be

I love this song so fucking much since I heard it as a bumper on Matt's podcast. Really excited for this record and the new Reggie.

• 2 weeks later...

"hi everybody,

just wanted to let you know that the record is officially done and mixed!!! i love it! just enough old and just enough new and just enough weird to fit nicely in your reggie collections. 

sending off to get mastered very soon, merch is coming along, any of you coming to riotfest, i will be at the merch table selling a special riot fest only reggie shirt with a nod to my love for siouxsie and the banshees. 

word,

james"

Can't wait. I have a feeling this is going to be one of his best releases.