All Bacon Diet (Official Bearding Competition Chat Thread)

So I've been a vegetarian for about 6 months, and I just spent the weekend at a bearding competition in Cleveland.

The one thing I noticed is that the guys with enormous beards had bacon as the staple of their diet, which makes sense considering hair is just fat covered protein, and bacon is just fat and protein.

Anyway, I found this online:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/health/Hmmmm_Bacon_San_Diego.html

So I am going to experiment and see whether a high-bacon (read ALL-bacon) diet actually has an effect on facial hair growth as well as weight-loss. I imagine that the weight will fall off, as this is no different than an Atkins diet, but it will be interesting to see whether or not it plays an effect on the quickness of facial hair growth. 

90 days.

Today is day 3, and frankly, bacon all day is awesome (and my wife HATES it, because she is maintaining her vegetarian diet and the kitchen always smells wonderful).

You will kill or seriously harm yourself if you eat nothing but bacon (literally nothing but bacon). Even on a keto diet (the family of diets that atkins is a part of) you want things like leafy vegetables with each meal.

I believe in keto. But do it right. I would suggest reading all of this. You are what you eat so spend a half hour to know what you are actually doing to yourself.

http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/2011/03/guide-to-ketosis.html

I have kinda thin hair and I used to take this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Nioxin-Intensive-Therapy-Recharging-Complex/dp/B001394530/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1365611469&sr=1-1&keywords=nioxin

It was never $400. It was like $10. Maybe they discontinued the product and that is someone trying to take advantage. But my point is there are supplements out there that are specifically targeted to load your body up with the minerals, vitamins , and proteins that go into producing a lot of thick hair. These will load your body with more keratin (the key protein in hair creation) way better than bacon (if bacon even supplies this at all).

I think you might be mixing up correlation and causation. Eating lots of bacon and having a majestic beard are probably correlated (both associated with "manly" men) but I wouldn't assume that the bacon is causing the beard growth, at least without some good research to show that it does (more than just bacon has protein and so does hair).

Sounds like a creation of the speciesist/factory farm/"healthcare" conglomerate currently operating and profiting in our country. DEATH TO (FASCIST) PIGS!

No I missed that photo but it's now the wallpaper on my laptop. Amazing! 

I've been a bit off the grid of late due to work - shouldn't be here now but I have a PM to check. 

Now: DId you win? 

SO MANY GLORIOUS BEARDS.

There were 36 competitors in my category alone (12" and under). I placed 14th, which isn't too shabby considering this was my first time, and there were SO MANY GLORIOUS BEARDS.

The dude from Survivor was there (the one from this season with the dread in his beard). The national champion from 2012 was there. John Buckler from Whisker Wars Season 2 was there. And the bar ran out of PBR by 7:30. The bartender said (and I quote), "It was inevitable."

Here's a slideshow of what went down:

goddammit.. if there was ever a time for me to go to a beard competition, it would be right now. current beard is the longest i've ever let it get. i planned on shaving after wrestlemania, but i don't want to stop at this point. i should probably see what my boss's thoughts are..

yeah this

haha your name came up at the bonanza.  you definitely would have enjoyed yourself.

I think I was drunkenly liking every photo casey posted on instagram of the place

You must have sold like 50 Thunderbeard shirts - if ever there was an audience...

We did well. And apparently bearded men LOVE trucker hats. We sold like 10 of those.

I'll be travelling to a couple more in the coming months. All of the events we'll be vending at/I'll be competing at are on the Thunderbeard Records Facebook page under the Events tab. We'll be in Fort Wayne, IN (pretty close to Michigan) and Richmond, KY in May. So if you VCers are close or just looking for a unique evening out, those would be the places to be.

And surprisingly, every dude that I talked to at the event was SUPER nice. It's not a bunch of bikers and nudists... just hairy gents that put product in their facial hair and like talking about music.