Shipping damage is almost completely PREVENTABLE.

Guest realtalk

Real Talk would let you believe that everyone is in love with them and that they are the last upstanding member of VC. 

Oh look, it's jerseydave: God of all that is wholesome and worthy / self-righteous prick.

There are far worse people than moonbeams.

Real Talk for instance.

and SOMETHINGVAGINYL

I guess assholes do travel in flocks!  Have fun eating each other's dicks this weekend! :D

Oh look, it's jerseydave: God of all that is wholesome and worthy / self-righteous prick.

and SOMETHINGVAGINYL

I guess assholes do travel in flocks!  Have fun eating each other's dicks this weekend! :D

Multiple assholes travel in packs, not flocks. Packs of assholes.

I got one like for my comment. 3-4 people sharing the same opinion is a consensus.

Nips = realtalk?

I question his intuition, not his intention. His threads and phrasing leave me befuddled from time to time, but he seems genuine. I've got no real hate for the fella. 

That said, I don't think he has solved corner dings. We'll agree to disagree, right Moony?

Sure. But I'm willing to challenge you on this one. 

Here's the experiment design:

Random assignment is used to divide a sample of N=20 records into two groups, an experimental group (n=10) and a control (n=10).

All records are packaged the same way into identical mailers. Half of each group have the records taped to backing cardboard that are taped into the mailer. This will allow us to experimentally test JeffersonHowell's hypothesis that corner dings are caused by "sliding around in transit."

The 10 records in the experiment group will have identical cardboard tapings as pictured on the first post of this thread.

So to recap, we have 4 groups, 2 in the experimental condition and two in the control condition. Each group has 5 records that are taped center to prevent sliding around.

All records would be dropped vertically from a hight of 4 meters. They will all be dropped the same way.

The experiment should be double-blind. The person dropping the records should not know which record they were dropping. Obviously they would see the mailer, so the experiment should be handed the records blindfolded or the mailers should be in special bags.

If this experiment were conducted, we could determine if corner damage was caused by sliding around or external damage and we could also determine if my idea protects records,

Nips hated everything. Same can be said for a couple other members. Moonbeams - clear this up for me. I thought you lived overseas, now i see you're in Tampa. Where are you originally from?

I had some good times in Tampa and on the gulf. I almost came to Sarasota for my films screening tonight but didn't want to leave my son two weekends in a row. For a while with 403chaos and blue chair Tampa was a guaranteed awesome time.

I KNOW how to not buy/sell/trade with you on here, Ebay is my concern.

eBay is at random. A lot of people do not know how to properly pack LPs. I received a LP last week via eBay and the homemade LP mailer (shoebox and duct tape) was coated with about three layers of duct tape all over. It took me ten minutes to open the item without any damage.