Hannibal

watched the pilot, haven't seen the second ep. the silence of the lambs book/film are my favorites in both categories, so when i first heard about this i was half excited half worried i'd be completely let down. not bad so far though.

So far it seems more faithful to the Will Graham character than the Red Dragon film was. Though that isn't saying a ton. 

Has anybody been checking this show out? There has only been 2 episodes so far but it seems very promising. Kinda surprised it's on NBC.

I read The Silence Of The Lambs in 4th grade when it had just come out. IMO, the show has gotten off to a slow start but Im definitely gonna keep following it because Im a fan of the whole series.

Did anyone else watch Manhunter and enjoy it more than Resd Dragon? I like that Will Graham over Ed Norton any day.

the horrible 80's music in manhunter pretty much makes that movie unwatchable to me.  I think I prefer norton over the CSI guy, and I know I prefer anthony hopkins and ralph fiennes over their manhunter counterparts.  I also much prefer the ending in red dragon

in other words, I can't think of anything in manhunter that I like more than in red dragon.

I mostly just didn't like Edward Norton in the role I love Ralph Fiennes and Anthony Hopkins is the best as Hannibal but it was cool to see a different take. I couldn't help but picture all of the 80s stuff as I read the book after watching Manhunter. I'm also not really fond of Brett Ratner.

• 2 weeks later...

they pulled the most recent episode before it got to air  because of the recent tragedies, and have decided to show parts of it as a web series on NBCs site

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/abridged-version-of-pulled-hannibal-episode-to-run-as-web-series/

It looks like the episode is still being aired overseas, and the producer/director in the intro to the webisode seems to encourage finding it on the internet..

• 10 months later...

i haven't read any of the books, or seen all of the movies, but good lord, is this show gorgeous. i mean, the plot is great, too, but i can't get over how visually amazing everything is to watch. i usually can't watch tv without doing something else (and wind up mostly just listening), but i can't stop staring at the screen when this is on.

• 2 weeks later...