Google fiber

A one time flat fee followed by free Internet interests me.

My $30 / month Internet package is fast enough though (don't need to put it on steroids for $70 / month). I don't have a need for that much speed. What do I need to do, download a tv show in 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes? Who really cares.

I don't buy cable now so I'm not going to buy it from Google either. But if I did want cable, this would be interesting.

Gigabit + TV is insanity. I don't watch television anymore, but this is remarkable. A cool feature that struck me was: "Watch TV on your tablet from anywhere in your house", that and using it as a remote. 

I've already gone very far down the "I won't pay for cable road" -- Automatic TV show downloading through usenet, Slingbox on my sister's tv for sporting events (which I can take anywhere on my ipad), and Netflix for when I am just bored and looking for something to watch. 

Not saying going from cable to this wouldn't be awesome. Seems like you get a lot more at about the same price. But to go from $30 a month to $120 and essentially get the same services (just faster), I'm not sold. That money just adds up month-after-month.

I would be all over this, but its only in two cities neither of which I live in, so the wait continues...

im with ya on this.

*i pay $131 a month for TWC. Their fastest internet which i dont even know the number, two cables boxes, and HD channels. the HD channels and the extra cable box is probably like $30 extra a month.

It would have been nice if Google would have started using the Bay Area as their "test bed"...I live like 10 miles from the Google headquarters and I am sure the Bay Area won't see this for a really long time.

I would be ALL OVER $120/month for TV and Gigabit internet. I spend $90 on Directv and $60 for 30mbps Comcast Internet as it is right now.

Bring it on Google!

This x 1,000

I can't see who liked this anymore, but I'm definitely sure it was more than me and Ry.

I for one also liked it. I've been forced to have comcast for the last two years because they are the only service provider in my area. I would switch to verizon in a heart beat because I have had nothing but good experiences with verizon before, and nothing but trouble with comcast. 

The cable monopolies need to change. I'm for anything that disrupts that industry, even if it isn't available to me.

Dude it's already beginning to happen. À la carte TV is the future. Kiss your Golf Channels and Speed Networks goodbye!

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/08/news-corp-coo-threatens-to-pull-fox-broadcast-signal-if-aereo-prevails-in-legal-battle/

Dude it's already beginning to happen. À la carte TV is the future. Kiss your Golf Channels and Speed Networks goodbye!

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/08/news-corp-coo-threatens-to-pull-fox-broadcast-signal-if-aereo-prevails-in-legal-battle/

That stache is boss. Fox is very greedy, and they have blood written everywhere.