New to vinyl need help with Turntable

Hey all I just wanted to make sure these two things will work no problem with eachother. I know they are not the top of the line, but I am just getting started and want to make sure its for me before I drop alot of cash on a better setup. http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Driven-Turntable/dp/B002GYTPAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365978236&sr=8-1&keywords=record+player paired up with these computer speakers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+2.1+Computer+Speaker+System+(3-Piece)/9402185.p?id=1218100580401&skuId=9402185 I just want to make sure I won't need to purchase anything else. Thanks! 

I ran a similar setup--LP60 has an output that you can plug the speaker output into.  It worked just fine for getting started.  Naturally, if you decide it's a hobby you enjoy, you'll probably want to upgrade in time, get a proper preamp, EQ, etc. 

Now, in terms of sound quality, I'm not sure of what those speakers may or may not replicate.  As far as I was concerned, it sounded just fine. 

Also, when you get it, if you'll like me, you'll think "what the hell?!" because you'll have to just put the belt on and get it set up.  Easy enough to do.

I ran a similar setup--LP60 has an output that you can plug the speaker output into.  It worked just fine for getting started.  Naturally, if you decide it's a hobby you enjoy, you'll probably want to upgrade in time, get a proper preamp, EQ, etc. 

Now, in terms of sound quality, I'm not sure of what those speakers may or may not replicate.  As far as I was concerned, it sounded just fine. 

Exactly what I needed to know! Thank you so much. I figured for now just getting started this would work perfect for me. I know in time I will eventually upgrade. Thanks again

Exactly what I needed to know! Thank you so much. I figured for now just getting started this would work perfect for me. I know in time I will eventually upgrade. Thanks again

it worked for me.  As you know, it's not equivalent to a $1500 setup (I still can't afford that), but it suited my needs and it gave me the bug to upgrade bit by bit.  If you have any problems or questions with it, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.  There's a little switch on the back for the line/phono.  For the speakers, you'd set it to line.

I'd say it's tough figuring out whether a certain hobby is for you by getting the lowest quality experience possible. Also, if you invest $150 and decide it's not for you, you lose $150, because these things have no resale value whatsoever. If you invest $450 and decide it's not for you, you can resell that for $300 minimum, you lost the same $150, but got the adequate experience to actually know what this hobby can offer you.

To each their own though.

I see exactly where you are coming from, but I don't need anything real fancy right now. I have other stuff I need to get. One day I will eventually get a better setup just right now this is more in my price range and really As good as vinyl sounds that isn't the only reason I'm getting into this hobby. I love to collect things. Especially music and art. With Vinyl I am kind of getting both That is just my thought on it. I know some people will think thats kind of dumb but o well  :)

I'd say it's tough figuring out whether a certain hobby is for you by getting the lowest quality experience possible. Also, if you invest $150 and decide it's not for you, you lose $150, because these things have no resale value whatsoever. If you invest $450 and decide it's not for you, you can resell that for $300 minimum, you lost the same $150, but got the adequate experience to actually know what this hobby can offer you.

To each their own though.

This is real life. 

Nice, it has over 500 reviews on amazon, and most of which say it sounds better than anything you can buy for less than $300. Grain of salt, its amazon. but I saw a post on VC where a couple people said the platter wobbled while it rotated. have you had that problem?

Not really sure how this could be better than a AT-LP120 but whatever makes you feel you better...

The people saying this doesn't sound better than whatever they desired to put. I do know this. This is my cheap alternative to getting into collecting records. Honestly right now I don't care that it doesn't sound as good as anything more expensive  Some of you all might think thats dumb but thats ok. I will be getting a much better one in the next year or so once I get a down payment on a house, but until then this will be fine enough for me. I will be sure to come here asking for advice on what is a good choice to go with. 

The people saying this doesn't sound better than whatever they desired to put. I do know this. This is my cheap alternative to getting into collecting records. Honestly right now I don't care that it doesn't sound as good as anything more expensive  Some of you all might think thats dumb but thats ok. I will be getting a much better one in the next year or so once I get a down payment on a house, but until then this will be fine enough for me. I will be sure to come here asking for advice on what is a good choice to go with. 

Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm still working on a setup. I originally had some automatic turntable that was like 40 years old, spun too fast and only worked sometimes. Paired with 3 dollar Goodwill speakers. It sounded terrible. Eventually upgraded to a Technics 1200MK2 with a Shure M97xe cart. Receiver and speakers aren't GREAT, but they kick the shit out of what I was using before.

I started with a sony automatic turntable running into the aux input on my bookshelf cd player. I was 14 had no money and thought my parents warped/water stained records were the coolest thing ever. Then I found out that they were still making NEW records.... it was all down hill from there. 13 years later I have a pretty solid set up, but it was built over time through trial and error and when I could afford pieces that I wanted as opposed to buying stuff as soon as I got a little money. With a poor quality beginners table you aren't going to come close to how my setup sounds now, but it's not going to sound like cats fighting or anything.. and by building your set up slowly, you'll be able to tell the difference each component makes, thus transforming you into the snarky audiophile that every record collector strives to be. It's education through trial and error, which (with a little advice from the snarky audiophiles on this board) will ultimately help you build the best set up for your personal tastes.

You will catch crap along the way from people who think it's their business to tell you how to spend your money or who do have good advice, but attempt humor on the internet by belittling your set up- it's part of being on this message board. There are no stupid questions though, even if people try to make you feel like an idiot. If you have a question- ask it, you'll probably get at least one usable answer. 

You would also do yourself a favor by budgeting for future upgrades, I have a record budget and an equipment budget. It helps to set goals for what you want to upgrade. Shoot for quality, because as it's been said, if by chance you don't like the component you buy, resale value of quality equipment (if treated properly) is pretty good.