Boston Marathon Explosions

I've always admired Palmer. She just comes off as an intelligent lady who gives no fucks and will say whatever the hell she wants. She paid her dues like all other artists. Performing on streets (whether it was music, miming, "human statue." look it up she did all these things when she was a broke biotch before the label scooped her up) She has an appreciation of all art & has always incorporated performance art into her live music/stage presence. Nobody gave a fuck until she started tweeting/blogging her every thought (which i enjoy when i find the time to read what she has to say) or until she crowd sourced all her shit. I'm a little confused,she's too artsy fartsy? she's always been this way. It's not an act. She's genuinely a weird son of a bitch. I think she just wants to participate in all forms of artistic expression & i guess it's rubbing some people the wrong way.

i'm getting the impression a lot of you guys aren't actually familiar with her music form the dresden dolls or her recent solo album?

PS. She is from Boston.

Thank you for posting that. Very interesting and amazing pictures that the guy took.

I love that the photographer is geting grief in the comments for not shooting the suspects himself, instead of taking pictures. He needs to grow a pair and become a murderer also. That's solid logic.

That's the America we live in now. Everyone is a potential Paul Kersey.

Also, I haven't had time to expand on my earlier post questioning why we assumed this was "terrorism." This link covers the same ground.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/22/boston-marathon-terrorism-aurora-sandy-hook

I love that the photographer is geting grief in the comments for not shooting the suspects himself, instead of taking pictures. He needs to grow a pair and become a murderer also. That's solid logic.

I could go either way on this one. Not saying you have to get involved or that you don't. But when someone is shooting at cops, it's doesn't matter how they got to that point, they need to be taken down.

If he didn't have a gun or didn't want to get in a firefight himself, then yeah, hide and take some pictures. If someone did grab a gun and take them down, I would call them brave, not a murderer.

That's the America we live in now. Everyone is a potential Paul Kersey.

Also, I haven't had time to expand on my earlier post questioning why we assumed this was "terrorism." This link covers the same ground.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/22/boston-marathon-terrorism-aurora-sandy-hook

I mean, the simple assumption here that is failed to be mentioned in this article is it the bombings took place on Patriot's Day in Boston. A day that commemorating the beginning of the American Revolution. Regardless of a domestic or foreign attack, with little information it was easy to assume it was an act of terrorism.

I mean, the simple assumption here that is failed to be mentioned in this article is it the bombings took place on Patriot's Day in Boston. A day that commemorating the beginning of the American Revolution. Regardless of a domestic or foreign attack, with little information it was easy to assume it was an act of terrorism.

And the fact that bombs were used as opposed to guns. Bombs are more likely to evoke the word "terrorism" whereas a gun rampage is usually called a "shooting".

I feel semi-confident that if hey had just opened fire on the crowd, it would have been titled a "shooting" at least to begin with.

Looks like the photos were taken down. Didn't get a chance to see them.

there wasn't anything too revealing. just kind of a cool perspective of what the scene generally looked like.

if the photog were to shoot the suspects, wouldnt police fire back at that his window. police dont know whos who. i guess he could have splinter celled them.

Sam_Fisher_Chaos_Portrait.jpg

Possibly. Who knows what they would have thought. I considered I more theoretically -- the guys were hiding behind the cars but because of the angle of the photographer, he might have had a clear shot to just shoot them and its over. Obviously a triangle of buckets flying around is a problem and would make things worse. So I was more thinking of it like "say this dude is an avid hunter, good shot, and can end it right there".

Still in the same spot. Wouldn't recommend or expect it, but if someone did do it, I wouldn't chastise them for it.

Possibly. Who knows what they would have thought. I considered I more theoretically -- the guys were hiding behind the cars but because of the angle of the photographer, he might have had a clear shot to just shoot them and its over. Obviously a triangle of buckets flying around is a problem and would make things worse. So I was more thinking of it like "say this dude is an avid hunter, good shot, and can end it right there".

Still in the same spot. Wouldn't recommend or expect it, but if someone did do it, I wouldn't chastise them for it.

yeah i thought the same thing, it could have ended right there, like you said, if he was a good shot. it was an extremely clear shot. i still think cops would have gone crazy if that would have happened. not after of course, but during the shootout. there would have been more bullet holes in his computer chair. that was crazy. and also scary. there were a few people who had bullets enter their house. how many rounds were fired? i think i read like 200? or more

Ultimately I think it's a good thing that one was alive so people can get answers and justice can be served.  On the other hand, all of the conservatives on my Facebook feed expressed pure anger not to the fact that this tragedy took place, but that he will have free healthcare, room/board, food, etc., for the rest of his life at the expense of our tax dollars.

Which is it, a good thing that at least one of them was caught alive, or a shame that they weren't both killed?

i think its good that we got one of them alive, and even better that it was the younger one. the older brother was the mastermind behind this, the younger one followed. Now with the older one dead, the younger, i hope, will tell us more. Maybe with his older bro alive, he would have kept his mouth shut.

please dont take this as me thinking that little turd is not guilty...

Which is it, a good thing that at least one of them was caught alive, or a shame that they weren't both killed?

No, it's good he was caught alive but it was also luck (that he was injured in the fight to the point that he couldn't fight anymore, but was able to be saved at the hospital). If I am trading off one more cop being shot vs. him being taken in alive, I would have rather he was killed.

Ultimately I think it's a good thing that one was alive so people can get answers and justice can be served.  On the other hand, all of the conservatives on my Facebook feed expressed pure anger not to the fact that this tragedy took place, but that he will have free healthcare, room/board, food, etc., for the rest of his life at the expense of our tax dollars.

I might be wrong, but he is facing a federal terrorism charge which opens him up to the death penalty, even though Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.

i think its good that we got one of them alive, and even better that it was the younger one. the older brother was the mastermind behind this, the younger one followed. Now with the older one dead, the younger, i hope, will tell us more. Maybe with his older bro alive, he would have kept his mouth shut.

please dont take this as me thinking that little turd is not guilty...

All the signs point to the older bro being the leader and the younger the follower. I read this morning (on yahoo, reputable source) that they were not trained or affiliated with Al Qaeda, but that they believed they were fighting the same war and got their info on how to make the bombs from internet resources put out there by Al Qaeda.