Boston Marathon Explosions

Ultimately I think it's a good thing that one was alive so people can get answers and justice can be served.  On the other hand, all of the conservatives on my Facebook feed expressed pure anger not to the fact that this tragedy took place, but that he will have free healthcare, room/board, food, etc., for the rest of his life at the expense of our tax dollars.

It would cost more to kill him then to let him rot in jail. It's not like he won't be treated like crap by guards and inmates, also a life time in there seems worse then death. I'm glad he's still alive so we can get proper answers. 

How do you figure it would cost more to kill him?

That is a topic that is gone back and forth on even by scholars who spend years trying to really answer the question. You can type the question into google for more info.

The honest answer -- both routes are freaking expensive (will cost us millions). But it's not an easy answer and really cost should just be taken out of the equation when deciding on capital punishment, cause there is no consensus. It's mostly a moral issue.

What cost are we talking about for killing him? Appeals?

I do like the idea of how he would be treated as a smooth looking 130 pound kid.

Like I said, it's not a simple thing to type out (without wasting 20 minutes). You can read this:

http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001000

aziz just announced a benefit show in boston on sunday, 100% of ticket price going to the victims.

i'm kind of regretting all that money i spent going to the sox game now, because i don't think i'll be able to afford something that's guaranteed to be awesome.

The conspiracy shit will never die. The photos of the third guy stripped naked is being called brother one all over the Internet. A new generation of loose change is coming.

where are these photos?

edit: nevermind, found a youtube video

saw this yesterday on a different site. i believe you can take any 5 pictures and build a conspiracy if you hide everything that proves it wrong. and i love a good conspiracy. but this is just stupid. the guy has been interviewed on TV a bunch at this point. i can't imagine the people dead being fake. you can see the child in the pictures before the bombs went off. i also can't imagine these people being actors. .

My mom mentioned the resemblance right away. Besides that, nothing. Obviously, it's not something I'm eager to point out. Although, it's just an unfortunate coincidence, its just like... shit.

yeah, quite understandable.

on another note, i'm not a 'free jahar' person, but i am not a 'off with his head' merrrrica person either. i feel for the victims of the bombing and the officer killed, but in my heart of hearts i really feel for Dzhokhar, if telling the truth; that his brother was the mastermind and his family saying how he idolized his brother and followed him around like a puppy dog. i really feel for him, its very unfortunate that he found it necessary to do what they did. its sad to see that young people can be so easily influenced and do such terrible things and in result, others hurt and/or killed in the bombing, like that young boy that died will never be able to experience all of their gifts.

sure, his brother may have brain washed him- idolizing your big brother is not uncommon at all.

but when you're swaggin' around like a remorseless little shit... watching your work, going to the gym, partying... i can't feel sorry at all.

once he was on his own on friday, without big brother there to lead the way and tell him what to do, he had the chance to just give up. instead, he dragged it along for 12 hours.

i would just love to hear him speak (or see him communicate somehow). I'd like to hear his side.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I do not take everything I hear on TV by face value. I assume it's not completely true, and there's always more to the story. After the last week, and seeing that the media can be more incorrect than correct, I reserve all judgement.

sure, his brother may have brain washed him- idolizing your big brother is not uncommon at all.

but when you're swaggin' around like a remorseless little shit... watching your work, going to the gym, partying... i can't feel sorry at all.

once he was on his own on friday, without big brother there to lead the way and tell him what to do, he had the chance to just give up. instead, he dragged it along for 12 hours.

he could of, but he could of been in fear he would of been killed like his brother.  i don't mean to defend his actions in the slighest, i just feel bad for a guy that seems like he enjoyed an american lifestyle and he was then convinced otherwise.  its just sad to me.

he could of, but he could of been in fear he would of been killed like his brother.  i don't mean to defend his actions in the slighest, i just feel bad for a guy that seems like he enjoyed an american lifestyle and he was then convinced otherwise.  its just sad to me.

my thoughts too.  he should be punished to the fullest, but I cant help feel that he got pulled into this entire mess because of his brother-worship

I don't mean to sound like a right now dick but I probably will.  All of this "brainwashing" talk is making me feel sick, whether it's referring to the younger or older brother.  I haven't really felt this strongly about this story up until today when I read (not on here) multiple stories about these kids being "good kids" who were brainwashed by someone else or some other entity.

Any adult who has to use brainwashing as an excuse, especially when it comes to justifying taking another human life is absolutely fucking ridiculous to me.  All human beings have their own brains and choose what to do with them, regardless of being influenced by someone else.  And if you're that easily influenced by someone to kill another in the name of your religion (cult) or whatever reason, then you don't deserve to be a member of society, period.  You lost your chance, and a long time ago at that.  I don't feel bad, sympathetic or anything for either of the brothers.  Let him rot.

i completely agree. again, the way i refer to it is just influence. i would never imagine that he's performing some mental hijinks to take over his brother's head.

some kids get influenced into doing heroine. this kid was likely influenced into murdering people. doesn't make him any less a piece of sht.