If you had 200$ what player would you buy?

Other than the Marantz tables suggested,

BIC 960/980/981

Dual 12xx series

Dual 1019

Sansui 222/535

There are some Garrard's that are worth a glance, but probably not at your price range.

There are several Technics models that could be had for less then $200; hit or miss.

Pioneer tables from the 70's can be found for your range, and are good 'tables, just might need a little work or be a little beat up.

Used Technics SL-1200.  That is if they can be had for that cheap anymore.

Not to appear to have a counter opinion and therefore hostile (it upsets ajxd), direct drive turntables tend to create more vibration under the platter, resulting in what's called "wow and flutter".  An SL-1200 great if you're a DJ but not even close to optimal for home listening. 

Not to appear to have a counter opinion and therefore hostile (it upsets ajxd), direct drive turntables tend to create more vibration under the platter, resulting in what's called "wow and flutter".  An SL-1200 great if you're a DJ but not even close to optimal for home listening. 

You are on one hell of a terrible advice streak.  Personally, I'd love to see you keep it going.  Makes this board a lot more fun.

There are people that will argue DD vs belt vs idler wheel all day long, but I think it really comes down to the specific table. There are great tables from all the options, there are shitty tables as well. The tables that I suggested are a mix of different drives, and I've had examples of the same models with more/less noise and/or shortcomings. Personally, I think you asked a question based on taste, which will undoubtedly garner you a variety of answers.

Short answer? In your range, belt is probably the answer for you. But maybe not.

Chuck's been waiting to use that one on me. Jokes on him!

No way.  Our relationship has morphed into pure symbiotic bliss ... and we've made each other better.  Or at least, I've made you nicer and (somewhat) more patient, and you've definitely made me saltier and less tolerant of people like the half-wit above.