Fest 12

Just got an e-mail saying that we booked the holiday inn too late and it had already been sold out. this happened to anyone else?

They've gave us the option to be put in the paramount plaza instead, anyone stayed there before for fest?

Might be worth getting the money back and staying in the hampton....

you were one of the 56 oversold rooms. godspeed and good luck.

^^ Old farts, Days Inn is where the party and bed bugs are at!! Time to swim in green pools and throw furniture through windows!

GET ROWDY!!!!! OHIO REPRESENT!!!

I walked out my room there at Fest 10 and there was just a chair in the tree. took me a while in my hungover state to realise what it was.

Some dude jumped in the pool as well. Kid had a death wish obviously. 

I walked out my room there at Fest 10 and there was just a chair in the tree. took me a while in my hungover state to realise what it was.

Some dude jumped in the pool as well. Kid had a death wish obviously. 

We stayed at the Days In Fest 7-9. WAY better than the actual Fest hotel. Way more fun to hang AND its down the street from Steak n Shake!

Got an e-mail off no idea saying our room at the paramount has been confirmed & we're also on the waiting list for a room at the holiday inn (just in case any come up). CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

Someone told me that the days inn is already sold out? At fest 10 Ryan from Off With Their Heads just appeared outside our rooms at the Days Inn whilst we were getting pissed up and started drinking with us haha. He said he was just wandering from place to place meeting people which is pretty cool.

Anyone that needs to catch a ride from Jacksonville (or just wants to stop by) holla! Can't help you with a place to stay since I'm wandering and probably sleeping wherever I can find a spot but I can drive you there or at least make you some food

Every year I start saving for a new TT, every year I just spend it on FEST.

I'm from tampa as well! You have got too check out taco bus. It's a tampa staple and is open 24/7. The best pizza I have ever had came from this little place called doormet, it is perfection in pizza form. And Miguel's is simply delicious Mexican food with an American twist, the fajitas are really good. Ella's folk art cafe is delicious as well. And if you are a beer lover the cigar city brewery/tasting room is really cool. Lots of one off beers and a cool tour.

Has anybody got any tips on good things / places to eat in Tampa as well? Apart from Busch Gardens) We'll be there from the Saturday before pre fest.

I'm not a huge fan but every one of my friends worships at the altar of Taco Bus. It's not bad but I've had better Mexican food (hit up La Tienda in Gainesville!) If you like beer then you should check out Cigar City Brewery. They've dropped off a lil as of late but I still feel it's one of the best in the country. I think they might have opened up a brew pub too which I'm sure is amazing. The aquarium isn't bad but it's expensive. Mojo music and books is a decent record store. Prices are on the high side but with some effort I've gotten scores almost every time I've visited. Last time I was there I found American Analog Set's Know By Heart for $15.

I'm not a huge fan but every one of my friends worships at the altar of Taco Bus. It's not bad but I've had better Mexican food (hit up La Tienda in Gainesville!) If you like beer then you should check out Cigar City Brewery. They've dropped off a lil as of late but I still feel it's one of the best in the country. I think they might have opened up a brew pub too which I'm sure is amazing. The aquarium isn't bad but it's expensive. Mojo music and books is a decent record store. Prices are on the high side but with some effort I've gotten scores almost every time I've visited. Last time I was there I found American Analog Set's Know By Heart for $15.

I have for sure had better Mexican food too but I think it's just kind of a place you should go too if visiting. Especially if you have had a few cocktails, it just makes it better.

• 2 weeks later...