WTB - Sigur Ros Agaetis Byrjun RSD

thefence2113

The store in Charlotte (Lunchbox) got ONE copy. It was the only thing I really missed. (By comparison, there was still good stock on White Stripes, Black Keys 7", Titus A, Mumford, Phish, Flaming Lips, etc.)

I know the owner and he said he asked around, and no store apparently got more than 2 copies. Why they limited it to 1000 copies is beyond me. 

Try this link. I don't think this is exactly the RSD version but the price is better than eBay and supposedly the quality is great:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/SIGUR-ROS-AGAETIS-BYRJUN-2LP/productinfo/FCLP69911/

Copies of this are selling for $100+ on eBay? Are people retarded, or...?

Amazon UK. ~$35 PPD. Ships within 24 hours.

Looking to eBay is just a bad idea right now (for all RSD releases), 10 hours into RSD. The demand is so high and the supply is so low; you're practically begging for dat rape. 

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes.

I wish. Says it won't ship to either of my US addresses

EDIT: Nvm, ordered from a 3rd party seller (RAREWAVES) for ~$32ppd. Can't beat that, thanks for the heads up

I picked up a copy as well. I passed on getting it this morning but regretted it after.

I wish. Says it won't ship to either of my US addresses

EDIT: Nvm, ordered from a 3rd party seller (RAREWAVES) for ~$32ppd. Can't beat that, thanks for the heads up

No problem at all. Third party sellers are pretty much my favorite thing on Amazon.

And like Brian pointed out, ( ) is also readily available. You can probably find a better deal through a third party seller on Amazon US, though.

I just went to there concert wow. it was cool to see only a few people with there cell phones taking pictures instead of other concerts when everyone pulls out the phone, it was like everyone was in a trance.

thank you thank you for leading me to amazon UK. best deal so far.

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes.

Yeah, that's what I find funny.  Apparently the young couple that was first in line at my record store sat outside overnight to score the one and only copy of Agaetis Byrjun in stock for RSD.  The version released to the US exclusively for RSD was pressed by PIAS.  This is the same exact record I bought from Rarewaves for $32 shipped to the US.  On top of that, I pretty sure that dude paid more than me.

It was my holy grail for this year's RSD, but I was unable to snag a copy, even though there were 3 at my store and 1-3 at four other stores in my area.  I'm aware this RSD release was pressed by PIAS, but these specifically were limited to only 1000.  Somehow, I don't believe the ones from Rarewaves are from this limited run.

Also, did anyone hear of the 1000-run release being sold in stores on RSD WITHOUT the "Limited Pressing of 1000" and Official Record Store Day 2013 stickers?  A guy wants to sell me his, but it doesn't have those stickers that I've seen exclusively on the 1000-run release.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

It was my holy grail for this year's RSD, but I was unable to snag a copy, even though there were 3 at my store and 1-3 at four other stores in my area.  I'm aware this RSD release was pressed by PIAS, but these specifically were limited to only 1000.  Somehow, I don't believe the ones from Rarewaves are from this limited run.

Also, did anyone hear of the 1000-run release being sold in stores on RSD WITHOUT the "Limited Pressing of 1000" and Official Record Store Day 2013 stickers?  A guy wants to sell me his, but it doesn't have those stickers that I've seen exclusively on the 1000-run release.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mine doesn't have the stickers on the front also. Weird!

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I can't fathom PIAS creating two separate masters, one being specifically for a /1000 RSD release. That would make no sense at all. At best it's the from the same laquer (or perhaps DMM) but with the packaging printed in a different run, or the vinyl pressed in a different run than the other readily available UK/EU version. It seems much more likely that PIAS set aside 1000 from the current repress and shipped them to the USA where RSD stickers were placed on them. Technically they are the only pressings officially imported to the States, and you could argue that it's a limited edition in that way.

Someone needs to compare the numbering in the matrix to really be able to tell the difference.

Sounds like a great way to make money. Buy a stack of them from Amazon UK for 30-35$ then sell them here on ebay for 80-100 saying that it mysteriously came without an RSD sticker. Bam. Probably no difference except the fancy sticker.

It could be possible, true, but why pay way more for the exact same item? Without the sticker there's probably no way at all to even tell that it's the RSD version.

Actually, there is a way to tell the difference. There is none. These current represses are the exact same as the RSD version according to matrix/runout comparisons.