Creating My Own Inserts

So I've been pretty bored lately and I have decided that it might be fun to create my own inserts.

I'm nervous about the cost of printing. Ideally I would like 11x11 but I don't think it'd be affordable. A double sided 8.5x11 would cost me $1.18.

I'm still brainstorming things I would want on the inset, but I foe sure would want full pressing info w/ stores. I think I would also want any events or drama that went along with he release (think Mineral's Power Of Failing).

What other things would be cool to have on an insert, beside the usual lyrics, etc.

This is a great idea! I'd love to make my own too, if I ever had the time. I think I would probably just do something simple though like a collage of photos or artwork and then lyrics written over a solid color on the page that goes along with the color scheme of the album.

I think this would be a great "Post Your Own Insert Artwork" thread idea where people can create their own and post for others to have and get printed for themselves. 

This is a great idea! I'd love to make my own too, if I ever had the time. I think I would probably just do something simple though like a collage of photos or artwork and then lyrics written over a solid color on the page that goes along with the color scheme of the album.

I think this would be a great "Post Your Own Insert Artwork" thread idea where people can create their own and post for others to have and get printed for themselves. 

Get the ball rolling. I've had this idea for awhile.

So I've been pretty bored lately and I have decided that it might be fun to create my own inserts.

I'm nervous about the cost of printing. Ideally I would like 11x11 but I don't think it'd be affordable. A double sided 8.5x11 would cost me $1.18.

I'm still brainstorming things I would want on the inset, but I foe sure would want full pressing info w/ stores. I think I would also want any events or drama that went along with he release (think Mineral's Power Of Failing).

What other things would be cool to have on an insert, beside the usual lyrics, etc.

Where are you getting your pricing from? You should be able to digitally print on tabloid size for the same price as 8.5x11, or really close. Get yourself an exacto and you can have an 11" x 11", you just can't run your art full-bleed.