Google Play Music + YouTube Music Key

"All Access includes such features as Listen Now, which uses Google's data to create a "never-ending" list of music based on your tastes. Demonstrating All Access on-stage at the keynote, Google's Chris Yerga showed the app's music discovery features, including a re-orderable queue of music and music discovery based on your existing library. Yerga described the service as "radio without rules.""

"The price is $9.99 per month, with 30-day trials available. Even better, if you start a trial by June 30, you'll only pay $7.99 per month."

http://m.androidcentral.com/google-play-music-all-access-unveiled

Another streaming audio competitor. Personally I think this one would be killer. The name could be better though, it's pretty damn long. Those who already use Google Play Music already know that the auto-generated playlists are surprisingly very good and actually points out some great tracks from bands who's album I've bought and simply never listened to. Anyone else gonna give the free trial a test drive?

I use Spotify Premium constantly because it allows me to listen to albums when I don't have the money to buy a physical copy on vinyl. That's $9.99. I'll have to check this out. I've been looking for something different than Spotify that really hooks me, but I can't get away from the familiarity. That $7.99 price point is a good start though. 

Since I primarily use GPM as my default music player this really appeals to me because I can have everything in one place. I'm trying it out right now and it's pretty cool. To start a station (on the web) you just go to any artist in your library and click the Radio button and it queues up a playlist. You can also stream albums like Spotify (I'm streaming the new Wonder Years album). There's an add-to-library option which I assume gives you access to said album until you cancel your service.

Gonna try out the mobile app too. I imagine it'll be similar.

I still don't get why people are willing to pay to listen to music that a computer algorithm thinks that they might enjoy. Google Music is awesome because I can pull every bit of music I own to wherever I am (provided there's data or wifi). But I have no interest in being sent random recommendations, and ads (because you know they're coming eventually) when I'm listening to music.

I still don't get why people are willing to pay to listen to music that a computer algorithm thinks that they might enjoy. Google Music is awesome because I can pull every bit of music I own to wherever I am (provided there's data or wifi). But I have no interest in being sent random recommendations, and ads (because you know they're coming eventually) when I'm listening to music.

Google Play Music is the only service that has generated playlists I actually like. I also wouldn't count on Ads either, they didn't have them in their free music/cloud streaming before, adding them to the premium service seems very unlikely.

After spending a day with this I'm pretty much sold on the service. It was damn refreshing to listen to pretty much anything I wanted during my run today. Too often I want to hear something I haven't upped to the cloud or dumped on my SD card. This also sets aside the worry I have of losing my digital music collection given my HDD fails (which all eventually do). Instead of paying for a cloud backup service for my media, which is easily 95% music, I'd much rather pay for this service. Of course the online library could be expanded but I imagine that will happen over time, as of right now it's good enough but you I couldn't find a handful of lesser known bands who I should be directly supporting anyways ;)

8.5/10 - daddy likey

This also sets aside the worry I have of losing my digital music collection given my HDD fails (which all eventually do). Instead of paying for a cloud backup service for my media, which is easily 95% music, I'd much rather pay for this service.

Google Play already allows you to upload 20K songs for free (and download them later). How many more do you get for $10/month?

Google Play already allows you to upload 20K songs for free (and download them later). How many more do you get for $10/month?

I'm fairly certain the fee is for outside-library audio streaming only and doesn't increase your upload quota. However you can add anything to your library and keep it on your device for offline playback.

Just started my free trial.  I'm digging it so far, the generated playlists are good, I wouldn't say much better than spotify/pandora/slacker though.  My expectations may be different from you guys' though as I look forward to new/unknown music rather than playing a playlist of a bunch of music I already have.

They haven't failed me on streaming any specific record I've searched for to listen to though, and that's a huge plus.  For $7.99 I may hang onto it for a bit.

• 2 months later...

I still use it daily. gMusic for Apple devices allows you to use the service there so my wife and I share the account. It's nice to not have to redeem DL codes either since most albums are available on their release day.

I'm going to buy a Nexus 7 and pair it with my amp via Bluetooth so when people are over they can pick up the tablet and play any song they want. Currently doing this with my phone but it's not as convenient. As far as mobile goes I'm glad I still have unlimited data. If I had a cap I would of hit it within a couple days. They added data awareness settings in Google Play Music for those who have a limit.

I haven't used the low-usage settings but I imagine it kicks the song quality down to 96kbps or lower. If you up music to the cloud then 'pin-it' it saves the audio to your phone but I don't think it's the actual MP3, just a chunk of it so you can stream it with minimal usage. This is just a theory I have, I noticed all the saved audio from the cloud was essentially metadata and not actual audio files.