G L A C I E R S "Mirrored Through the Ancients" LP Pre-Order and Release

One additional cool note about this test press - we changed the name of the album at the last minute to MTTA. Originally, it was going to be titled "Beyond", which is indicated on the test pressing sticker. 

Good choice on the title change. "Mirrored Through The Ancients" is a lot more epic. Such a great record and thank you for the note.

test press was shipped separately. and yes - idea is it should be a surprise. I dont even know who won yet! In case anyone is wondering - 5 test presses were made - one for each band member and one for the contest. 

we were originally going to send with the regular order, but Wig and I weren't able to go over and help with the packing and the signing in SF (we live in Oakland). 

Thank you for all of the kind words - glad to see everyone notices all of the attention we put in to this - down to the hand written notes and the  more expensive mailers. Also stoked that some of you got the show edition - man, I was blown away how good they turned out. 

to answer a few questions - yes, mailorder edition is silkscreened via monolith press in alameda. hand numbered and folded and packaged by Dennis from Glaciers.

re the title: i changed it at the last minute - I wasn't 100% happy with the original title of Beyond, but no one could think of anything else. I wanted something better to match the sound and feel of the album and it just came to me at the last minute and everyone was cool with it. 

The album is loosely centered on life, death and living in California...and the cycle of life i guess. So MTTA fit better. 

And seriously - stoked everyone is enjoying this. We're so proud of this album and excited to get back into the studio for the next one. More on that soon.

Next up - November with NARROWS.

dudefromglaciers

Got mine today. The mailer really is solid. Unfortunately USPS treated my mailer like a piece of garbage and bent it a bit so both the new limited record and the second press of the first record that I ordered are slightly warped. Just my luck I guess. And on my birthda no less. However, the jackets seem to be fine and they seem to play fine. I'll try to flatten them out a bit, but I can't complain about the packaging since it was so solid.

Anyway, I love the look of both of these records and they sound phenomenal. Love the note that was included. All around great work. It's clear that a lot of love and care went into the production of these albums and the physical records themselves. I'm quite satisfied.  :)

I wanted to clarify something - we haven't received any emails or notes on facebook or wherever about people getting warped records, so not sure where someone is hearing about that.

Dorf  - if you send us a email we can replace the repress, but as you have guessed, we dont have any additional copies of red laying around. We do have extra unnumbered covers if you need one of those.

I know Dennis spent an enormous amount of time and care into making sure the packaging was as good as it could be.  

thats good news.

the people i heard from said pretty good waves but nothing concerning needles jumping so they're keeping them.

and honestly it was out of curiosity i was asking (term used lightly) other people, not trying to make a shit storm. sorry

your product and yourselves are awesome.