PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

Speaking of error pressings and customer service (I'm derailing this a bit but didn't want to start a whole new thread yet...), I have a cobraside pressing of Crimson that just sounds horrible on the A-Side. Its not physically warped in any way, but the sound on the A-Side only sounds horrible warped, it warbles, it changes tempo, just terrible.

I got this a long time ago and can't talk to the retailer about replacement/return, and I've heard of success talking directly to companies involved in pressings before. Does this sound like something I should email Vagrant or Cobraside about? Just shooting for any advice.

If you didn't buy it directly from Vagrant or cobraside within the last three months I'd say it is dickish to ask the label to replace it. 

Back on to the topic of this album's pressing issues:

I got my pink a few days ago and holy crap, I've never received a worse sounding record. There's scratching noise that often rivals even the heaviest parts of music and it is always slowly falling in and out of tune as if the record were horribly warped (though physically it looks fine).

I emailed KRM and they're sending me a replacement.

For anyone that has a habit of receiving their records and putting them right on to the shelf for months: be sure to test this one out while its still fresh.

thanks for the info dustin415, I will be sure to play my pink copy once I get it.  I am not sure I want to play my dark green copy.  Although it sounds like I need to, just to insure the quality.

Honestly, I am hoping I get a pink copy of Broken Wing EP, I am still looking to buy one if anyone has a copy for sell!

thanks for the info dustin415, I will be sure to play my pink copy once I get it.  I am not sure I want to play my dark green copy.  Although it sounds like I need to, just to insure the quality.

Honestly, I am hoping I get a pink copy of My Shame is True, I am still looking to buy one if anyone has a copy for sell!

You mean you're looking for the pink error press of the Broken Wing EP?

I also got my pink copy, and it sounds very good EXCEPT for a really high level of surface noise. I thought something was wrong with my turntable, but I cleaned the record thoroughly, cleaned the stylus, and checked out another record. This is just a noisy fucking LP. It's not noticeable when the music really kicks in so I wouldn't call it a deal breaker , but when it's quiet, or between songs it's one of the most noticeably noisy records I own.

Back on to the topic of this album's pressing issues:

I got my pink a few days ago and holy crap, I've never received a worse sounding record. There's scratching noise that often rivals even the heaviest parts of music and it is always slowly falling in and out of tune as if the record were horribly warped (though physically it looks fine).

I emailed KRM and they're sending me a replacement.

For anyone that has a habit of receiving their records and putting them right on to the shelf for months: be sure to test this one out while its still fresh.

Yikes, glad I waited on this one. I think the album is ok, but there's no way it's worth this sort of hassle...

Got my replacement from KRM a few days ago. Surface noise is just as heavy on the replacement as it was on my original copy. Oh well... As others have said, it's not TERRIBLE.. just very noticeable/irritating on quiet parts and between tracks. 

On the plus side, KRM's customer service is great. I had my replacement with a paid return shipping label in only 2 or 3 days. 

Nobody here gives a shit about something being signed. Its cool sometimes if you get it yourself but you are crazy if you think anyone would drop that much for a new album. Its a stretch to even get people to pay those prices for classic way OOP albums... 

Got my replacement from KRM a few days ago. Surface noise is just as heavy on the replacement as it was on my original copy. Oh well... As others have said, it's not TERRIBLE.. just very noticeable/irritating on quiet parts and between tracks. 

On the plus side, KRM's customer service is great. I had my replacement with a paid return shipping label in only 2 or 3 days. 

It's vinyl, you're paying for some surface noise! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed KRM for a shipping address change on my box set and they provided this bit of info for those waiting on their deluxe:

"We have all the components except the wooden boxes; those are currently stuck in customs and should be cleared soon.  Once received, we will assemble the sets and ship them as quickly as possible.  I unfortunately can’t give a specific date for when we will begin shipping, but it should be no more than two weeks from now.

I apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this has caused.

We have all the components except the wooden boxes; those are currently stuck in customs and should be cleared soon.  Once received, we will assemble the sets and ship them as quickly as possible.  I unfortunately can’t give a specific date for when we will begin shipping, but it should be no more than two weeks from now."

Hey Cory-

It's time for your Alkaline Trio box set update.  As we told you, we expected the shipment of the boxes at the end of April, and they did arrive in the US on time.  However, there's the US customs process, and we won't bore you with the details.  Here's the short version: the boxes are made of wood (obviously) and our manufacturer forgot some key declarations, so the wood composition needs to be tracked to prove we're not using teak or mahogany or some protected wood made of endangered species bones.  

Our agents and brokers are working on this tirelessly.  It could add an additional 1-2 weeks to this, and at this point, as employees, we'd be frustrated if we were on your end.  This is not our intention.  We're also not the kind of business or people to just send you pointless emails and expect your happiness or loyalty.  

To make up for this, we want to give you a $10 coupon to the Alkaline Trio store for another purchase.  Your support and your patience is not taken for granted.  We ensure product quality and timely delivery from our end.  We don't skip over quality and hope you don't notice.  We're not so good we can skip the US customs enforcement.  These things unfortunately happen, and we want to make sure you know that we sincerely appreciate this and want to make it up to you.

Your Code is XXXXXXX and is active at http://kingsroadmerch.com/alkaline-trio.  Just use it, click apply code, and you're good to go. 

An important note, this coupon is for the US store.  If you're a European customer, please contact [email protected] for an equivalent discount of €7 in that store if you don't want to make a purchase from the North America store.

Thanks for your support, as always, and we will let you know when everything is on its way out.  

Take care

Kings Road Merch & Alkaline Trio

---------------------------------------------------

I am bummed, but at least they let us know about it

It's time for your Alkaline Trio box set update.  Banshees stole whole press. 

FBI and Matt Skiba himself are working on this tirelessly(Matts also want his motobike back).  It could add an additional 10-20 years to this, and at this point, as employees, we'd be frustrated if we were on your end.  This is not our intention.  We're also not the kind of business or people to just send you pointless emails and expect your happiness or loyalty.  

P.S.
Your b side will skip.

Good night.

Kings Road Merch & Alkaline Trio & Draculina