PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

I have a systemdek iix 900 with a goldring g1042 needle.

Not really a lower grade system.

IMO colored Epitaph records suck these days.

Much smaller labels put out better quality records.

Epitaph is not pressing these. So I think your problem is more with their plant selection. The label is putting out high quality albums, but choosing a poor plant to get them pressed at.

Just a thought on why this is the case, although I may be way off.

Epitaph made a fuck ton of money selling CDs from 1993-2005. They probably still make a profit just from selling CDs due to their international reach. They are currently bringing in large sums of money from digital releases of their enormous back catalog. Pressing 2,000 copies of a record that might make them a couple grand profit just isn't that big of a concern to them. So they might not be putting in the effort that vinyl only labels do.

Sidenote: does that Grape Soda Karl still post here?

I've got the good ol' Technics SL-1200 Turntable with a brand spanking new (just got it monday) Audio Technica AT440MLa (my first new cart in 13 years and its blowing me away), a fairly moderate setup, and my pink copy plays great with no background noise or skips. For those having issues, KRM customer service is great. My red Bad Religion True North was warped, as where many other peoples. They promptly sent me a replacement along with a post paid address label to send the warped one back. Unfortunately my replacement was warped as well, so they sent me a black non-warped copy and told me to keep the red warped replacement which I intend on fixing in the summer.

The show was great. Not much movement though. People were finicky about their spots and I didn't want to be the dick that forced himself to the front saying "I'm a photographer." 

Got a nice little poster to commemorate the show. Signed and stuff. Walked away with three CDs cause I bought my friend's tickets. Going to try and return them for store credit and buy some new records. 

Also noticed Tobe from Street Dogs was their sound guy. Cool. 

Looking forward to seeing Jimmy Eat World there on RSD.

Just gave this record a spin. Side A. One skip during FBI. Some surface noise. But Side B... Fuck Side B! At least 20 skips! This is with a cleaning before playing! I'm running a pretty basic kit, just an audio technica LP60 hooked up to my TV for sound, but fuck! Gonna try again. 

Got both of these in the mail the other day, went to play My Shame Is True tonight and... it was a pink copy of the EP. Was there even a pressing of the EP on pink? It came in the My Shame jacket and inner sleeve, and included the CD, but the record is definitely 45RPM/4 songs/labels have same catalog number as the Broken Wing EP.

6NdBVk6.jpg

U5WbdNv.jpg

Might this be worth something someday?

Got both of these in the mail the other day, went to play My Shame Is True tonight and... it was a pink copy of the EP. Was there even a pressing of the EP on pink? It came in the My Shame jacket and inner sleeve, and included the CD, but the record is definitely 45RPM/4 songs/labels have same catalog number as the Broken Wing EP.

6NdBVk6.jpg

U5WbdNv.jpg

Might this be worth something someday?

I was going to ask people to post pics of the gold/copper color of the EP but this is interesting!