California Trips

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR PARENTS DAWG

WELL DUH THAT'S THE POINT THEY WANT TO FIND OUT STUFF TO DO TOO DAWGGGGGG

Do you already have reservations in LA? If so where at?

We're working on it right now. Not sure, pretty nice hotel though. When I find out I can let you know. I know my mom and sister stayed there before and they loved it, huge rooms or something, hahaha.

LA---See a movie outside in Hollywood forever cemetary. Go to Daglas drive in or Michael's burger or any number of hole-in-the-walls, because In n' Out is overrated. Or five guys, but you already know about that. Hit up fingerprints or freakbeat records and find some gems (but also hit amoeba, should go without saying). Hit up the Getty museum and see some cool art shit. Go to the beach, any one except Zuma. Kind of hard to give recommendations without knowing where you're staying though, LA is pretty huge.

SF---Ride bikes through the panhandle/golden gate park. Check out the De Young museum (also in GG park). Hit up recycled records down from amoeba and talk to Michael, the manager, a cool dude who will talk your ear off about old crust punk bands and obscure jazz records. Hit up Fredi's deli by the beach and say whattup to Fredi cause he makes amazing sandwiches and is also an awesome dude. Also Little Luccas in San Bruno is ridiculous for sandwiches, some of the best I've ever had, but it's a little outside the city. Everyone will tell you to go to Ike's place for sandwiches, which is still good but not great IMO. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. Visit treasure island and have a picnic because it's amazing scenery and an interesting place (I used to live there).

Ill try to think of some more stuff and post it here

Gotta disagree with Eric; In n Out is quite lovely. Are there better burgers? Of course. But chain wise, it doesn't get any better than In n Out.

Assuming your parents have no interest in record store hopping, I'd suggest Universal Studios / Universal City Walk. Expensive, but one of a kind experience. Go see a movie in Imax. As far as beaches, Santa Monica is incredible and has a good family vibe. Venice is rad too, but a little more "edgy" shall we say.

In San Fran, go see a Giants game and hit up Fisherman's Wharf. Get a clam chowder in a bread bowl. Nom nom nom. Treasure Island is indeed the shit. So too is Alcatraz.

LA---See a movie outside in Hollywood forever cemetary. Go to Daglas drive in or Michael's burger or any number of hole-in-the-walls, because In n' Out is overrated. Or five guys, but you already know about that. Hit up fingerprints or freakbeat records and find some gems (but also hit amoeba, should go without saying). Hit up the Getty museum and see some cool art shit. Go to the beach, any one except Zuma. Kind of hard to give recommendations without knowing where you're staying though, LA is pretty huge.

SF---Ride bikes through the panhandle/golden gate park. Check out the De Young museum (also in GG park). Hit up recycled records down from amoeba and talk to Michael, the manager, a cool dude who will talk your ear off about old crust punk bands and obscure jazz records. Hit up Fredi's deli by the beach and say whattup to Fredi cause he makes amazing sandwiches and is also an awesome dude. Also Little Luccas in San Bruno is ridiculous for sandwiches, some of the best I've ever had, but it's a little outside the city. Everyone will tell you to go to Ike's place for sandwiches, which is still good but not great IMO. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. Visit treasure island and have a picnic because it's amazing scenery and an interesting place (I used to live there).

Ill try to think of some more shit and post it here

Gotta disagree with Eric; In n Out is quite lovely. Are there better burgers? Of course. But chain wise, it doesn't get any better than In n Out.

Assuming your parents have no interest in record store hopping, I'd suggest Universal Studios / Universal City Walk. Expensive, but one of a kind experience. Go see a movie in Imax. As far as beaches, Santa Monica is incredible and has a good family vibe. Venice is rad too, but a little more "edgy" shall we say.

In San Fran, go see a Giants game and hit up Fisherman's Wharf. Get a clam chowder in a bread bowl. Nom nom nom. Treasure Island is indeed the shit. So too is Alcatraz.

I kind of feel obligated to go to In N Out just because, hahaha. One of those things I just have to do being from the east coast.

A lot of that stuff seems cool, I'll look into it. Thanks guys.

Universal Studios is a great idea if you don't come to LA often, a great experience as mentioned. And I do like In n Out, it's just hard to judge it from an outsiders perspective because I've had it so much. I just think there's better out there. But you guys are right, everyone should have it at the very least once. Definitely one of the best burger chains

Universal Studios is a great idea if you don't come to LA often, a great experience as mentioned. And I do like In n Out, it's just hard to judge it from an outsiders perspective because I've had it so much. I just think there's better out there. But you guys are right, everyone should have it at the very least once. Definitely one of the best burger chains

I'm pretty sure we're doing all the touristy stuff, visiting hollywood, universal, all that stuff.

people who say in-n-out isn't good are just trying to go against the grain. fuckin' hipsters. in-n-out is the shit.

rambo's right. as much as i miss suburban southern california i can't think of a single damn thing that makes it unique. go to the beach, i guess. and you're not going to see jack shit between OC and SF. you should start farther south.

Sorry dude but there isn't shit between those too cities. Seriously. Just enjoy your time in LA and SF, hit the theme parks and sites. There's no cool "underground" to CA. It's just hot and very conceded.

We're going to beach hop and go to some of the little towns and stuff. at least that's what the plan is. we rented a car for the week so we're driving up.

We're going to beach hop and go to some of the little towns and stuff. at least that's what the plan is. we rented a car for the week so we're driving up.

If you cruise through Bakersfield and want to stop for dinner, I suggest Joseph's Italian Restaurant. It's right off the freeway and your family can order a large deluxe calzone and all be stuffed for $25 including drinks and tip. Locally owned and bomb as fuck food. Most likely though you will take I-5 instead of HWY 99 so you'll miss Bakersfield. Nothing to see anyway, but be warned, I-5 is the longest, ugliest drive you will ever endure.

In N Out is great, but yo should try to hit up Tommy's in LA

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tommys-original-world-famous-hamburgers-los-angeles-6#query:tommys%20hamburger

From LA up to Norcal you can always detour to Santa Cruz for some wholesome family fun. The boardwalk is on the beach, was featured in Lost Boys, and has a fairly cool giant arcade.

After hitting up Amoeba in the Haight, walk down the street to Escape Get a potato pesto slice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/escape-from-new-york-pizza-san-francisco-3#query:Escape%20From%20New%20York%20Pizza

Have your parents lend you the car and drive over the Bay Bridge to see a show at 924 Gilman. Lots of history there and stinky bathrooms. You could also visit the lesser Amoeba in Berkeley and 1234 Go.

If you were 21 and liked booze I would have so many more recommendations.

Definitely hit up Amoeba. I know it sounds cliche but the sheer size of it is a sight to see. The LA one is great and so is the SF (used to be an old bowling alley and it's at Haight & Ashbury, the epicenter of the hippie movement in SF. Parents might get a kick out of it.)

The California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park in SF is pretty awesome too. As well as The Ferry Building along the Pier.

Ike's Place, 21st Amendment and Crepes on Cole are pretty great places to eat. And yes, you have to go to In-N-Out.

Have fun!

INothing to see anyway, but be warned, I-5 is the longest, ugliest drive you will ever endure.

Haha, I haven't really driven anywhere far away besides California so not sure about anywhere else but fuck that drive sucks. That and Southern Oregon blow.