Last Stop: Crappy Town Reggie and The Full Effect

http://www.altpress.com/news/index.htm#3743

Alternative Press has exclusively obtained details on the upcoming fifth album from James Dewees' alter ego, Reggie And The Full Effect. The 12-song disc, titled Last Stop: Crappy Town, was produced by Sean Beavan (Slayer, Nine Inch Nails), and was recorded in the summer of 2006 in both New York City and Los Angeles. Dewees was joined on the record by RATFE touring drummer Billy Johnson, Slipknot's Paul Grey on bass and Coalesce's Cory White on guitar.

"Just two weeks after we started, we had this concept record about how the NYC transit system. Particularly the subways in Brooklyn - with the songs connecting together like trains in the station," says Dewees. "I also have to mention Sean Beavan has a great falsetto, his wife has a fantastic voice, and Stevie Cruz can scream his head off in an hour. So that was that. Except on this record, there was nothing remotely reminiscent of the Reggie that fans were expecting.

"I think everyone can relate to the fact that sometimes being funny all the time just isn't fun all the time," he continues. "Don't think for a sec that the goofy James is gone, just ask my wife. She is up to her ears in goofy every day of the week."

"I'm 32 years old and fortunate enough to have been a part of this scene pretty much from the old days of $5 10-band basement shows with Jimmy Eat World and Jejune. In summary, I like this record a lot because it pulls from the last 13 years of my life. I hope you enjoy it too."

Last Stop: Crappy Town comes out June 17 via Vagrant Records.

Last Stop: Crappy Town tracklisting:

1. G

2. Smith & 9th

3. F

4. E

5. 3rd Ave

6. L

7. J

8. V

9. Lorimer St

10. R

11. 36th St

12. N

Hopefully all the songs don't sound like The F Train. That song blew. I'm excited though. I thought they broke up.

Kind of hard to break up from yourself, haha ;D

Guest genericinsight
http://www.altpress.com/news/index.htm#3743

Alternative Press has exclusively obtained details on the upcoming fifth album from James Dewees' alter ego, Reggie And The Full Effect. The 12-song disc, titled Last Stop: Crappy Town, was produced by Sean Beavan (Slayer, Nine Inch Nails), and was recorded in the summer of 2006 in both New York City and Los Angeles. Dewees was joined on the record by RATFE touring drummer Billy Johnson, Slipknot's Paul Grey on bass and Coalesce's Cory White on guitar.

"Just two weeks after we started, we had this concept record about how the NYC transit system. Particularly the subways in Brooklyn - with the songs connecting together like trains in the station," says Dewees. "I also have to mention Sean Beavan has a great falsetto, his wife has a fantastic voice, and Stevie Cruz can scream his head off in an hour. So that was that. Except on this record, there was nothing remotely reminiscent of the Reggie that fans were expecting.

"I think everyone can relate to the fact that sometimes being funny all the time just isn't fun all the time," he continues. "Don't think for a sec that the goofy James is gone, just ask my wife. She is up to her ears in goofy every day of the week."

"I'm 32 years old and fortunate enough to have been a part of this scene pretty much from the old days of $5 10-band basement shows with Jimmy Eat World and Jejune. In summary, I like this record a lot because it pulls from the last 13 years of my life. I hope you enjoy it too."

Last Stop: Crappy Town comes out June 17 via Vagrant Records.

Last Stop: Crappy Town tracklisting:

1. G

2. Smith & 9th

3. F

4. E

5. 3rd Ave

6. L

7. J

8. V

9. Lorimer St

10. R

11. 36th St

12. N

hmmmm..... I'm somewhat interested based solely on the concept alone. I never thought I'd see the day when a band would make a concept album based on the subway system of my city/borough.

from myspace:

James Dewees put out three tracks that were supposed to be on his new album "She Loves Me Not," but has since forth been discontinued due to the 'possible' feud with Vagrant. It seems that James Dewees has decided to permanently leave behind Reggie and the Full Effect and join with My Chemical Romance (gag!) as their full time keyboardist. But why should we not be able to enjoy these three great tracks that James put out before he sold out...so without further ado, here they are. Enjoy!

Hopefully all the songs don't sound like The F Train. That song blew. I'm excited though. I thought they broke up.

reggie is just one dude, james dewees, he plays all the instruments, and he usually gets sean ingram from coalesce aka 'hungary bear' to do some guest vocals on some tracks

so prepare to be disappointed

f-train is on there, so is 'g' and 'j' which if you havent heard are also heavy as fuck

i for one am so stoked on a heavy reggie album, those are generally my favorite tracks on his other albums

i thought james got a divorce? but with that comment sounds like hes still with his wife. anyway. im stoked about this. reggie has always been one of my favorite bands. and if you listen to the songs that are on that myspace, wether theyre demos or not, youll realize its the same as old reggie. just less pop, more heavy. i was in fear that this would never be released. im still wondering whats up with that supposed album that vagrant refused to put out. and on that note im suprised to see this on vagrant.

the guitar part, and claps on "j" sounds a lot like piebalds "the stalker".

i thought james got a divorce?

when i saw The Reggie Show (his solo tour) at the Knitting Factory in NY, he introduced us to his new wife. Meagan was his old wife, which he talked about on several songs prior to Songs Not To Get Married To. I have a copy of the wedding invitation to his first wedding.

very excited for this...I really hope he tours again.

i thought james got a divorce?

when i saw The Reggie Show (his solo tour) at the Knitting Factory in NY, he introduced us to his new wife. Meagan was his old wife, which he talked about on several songs prior to Songs Not To Get Married To. I have a copy of the wedding invitation to his first wedding.

very excited for this...I really hope he tours again.

ditto, there were all those rumors that he was going to be a permanent member of NFG, then MCR. I'm glad to know that RATFE is still alive and that new music is on the way. Plus I'm glad Vagrant finally released it. Last time they toured (opening for hellogoodbye, christ, don't get me started...) James told my friend and I that Vagrant was being really lame about releasing the album solely because it was too serious and too hard. happy it's all sorted. can't wait for a new tour.

Guest scriptedrain

Wrong forum. Moving to Everything Else.

I'm so happy to see this finally get announced. I knew he took off Warped Tour in 2006 to work on an album with an amazing producer and I knew that all the break up / WHERE'S THE MYSPACE?! bullshit was exactly that.

I can't wait to hear this, "Songs Not to Get Married To" (along with most of his previous work) was fucking awesome.

From what I've heard so far, being these three songs, I'll enjoy it more than Songs..., but then again, who knows, his albums are all over the place. I think he should just only tour as "The Reggie Show" because that was potentially one of the best shows I've ever seen. Maybe not the best, but most entertaining.