PO: Faith No More- Angel Dust

Damn, should I cancel my Soundstage preorder of the Blue and just wait? 

It seems that not many people notice the defect. I just had a bunch of PMs on Discogs where people were just saying how good the pressing is, no one mentioned the fault. The issue lasts less than a fraction of a second. I'm not happy with it myself but others either don't notice it, don't care.

The pitch is increased, the guitars turned down, the vocals turned up. I prefer the origina 828 321-1 UK copy mastered by George Peckham (Note my username matches this number). I currently own 48 different copies of the album.

Music On Vinyl usually do a bang up job. They;re the old CBS Harlem plant in the Netherlands which was owned by Sony. Same staff, same equipment. Good people.

Easy was never part of the album on USA and Canada. Only "London Records" copies included the tracks when it was reissued on 29th january 1993.(UK, Australia, Europe, Japan, Brasil). It never saw an initial vinyl release in the USA. It was remastered by Mofi in 2008 and released there but they made the album a bit more "friendly". Not to my taste.

Initial CD version(s) sold in Australia also did not have Easy. We must've got some imports in, which is funny, coz i got my Angel Dust sans-Easy CD from Big W (major budget department store chain here) for $15 or something. Which was half what usual import CDs cost at the time.

Initial CD version(s) sold in Australia also did not have Easy. We must've got some imports in, which is funny, coz i got my Angel Dust sans-Easy CD from Big W (major budget department store chain here) for $15 or something. Which was half what usual import CDs cost at the time.

Australia got the initial versions without Easy on Slash/Liberation Records. It wasn;t an import:

First version was misprinted and quickly fixed.

Then in January 1993 Angel Dust was repackaged and initially sold in Australia on CD by Slash/Liberation and was repackaged under  a different catalogue number, In 1994, it was released under Slash/London Records in Australia. in 1999 is was given a new catalogue number. Then in 2003 released on Warner Music Australia and Slash.

In other words, Australia got Easy on their copies of Angel Dust in January 1993 along with the UK, South America, Japan and Europe.

Gonna bite the bullet on this but not sure of the cheapest avenue to Australia. Might have to be Amazon uk on black.

The owner one of the better FNM discographies PM'd me yesterday and said that Amazon sent him the blue one which was surprise to him since the Amazon page specifically said "Black". I also ordered a black one from Amazon, it has not arrived yet but I ordered later so fingers cross they'll have run out of the blue ones and I get the black one.

Just listened to Everything's Ruined on my blue copy and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

Oh well, I'll listen again later to make sure.

No trouble with playback of 'Everything Ruined' on my blue copy. There's not the slightest to notice.

Some further info on this issue. The problem is definitely with the stamper. The black vinyl I ordered from Amazon arrived this morning but it was not black, but blue (well done Amazon)  and the problem is also on this copy. Plus users have advised they too have noticed the wobble in the track and some have not mentioned it. It seems that unless you're familiar with how the track should sound at that point that the issue can easily be missed. I own Ltd. Edition #461 and #1692.

Thanks for the info. Do you think they will do another press?

I would bite from Amazon but it says 'will ship between 1-4 weeks' so maybe they have no stock currently?

Yes. Obviously they wouldn't be repressing the thing if it was just my copy. Unsure how people would go about getting their disc 1 replaced. All I was asked for was my address and then advised that they'd be sending me the A/B records when they were made in 2 weeks time (now 1 weeks time).

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/90510-po-faith-no-more-angel-dust/?p=1563313