Help me makes sure im not crazy for feeling discriminated against.

• 3 weeks later...

How'd it go?

it went as well as could be expected....treated like a criminal, talked down to, etc. but i had enough evidence to prove i did nothing wrong.

my favorite moment:

I was wearing short shorts and a T-shirt.

Judge: a little under dressed for a court hearing aren't we?

Me: yes ma'am, and I apologize for that, however Last time I was here I was told there was no proof i was actually disabled, so I didn't want there to be an confusion this time....

Judge:  *DEAD SILENT*

Me: yes ma'am, and I apologize for that, however Last time I was here I was told there was no proof i was actually disabled, so I didn't want there to be an confusion this time....

HOLY SHIT that is gold.

they basically tried to push me through so i couldn't present anything, and i was all like, slow your roll, bro i got some shit to show you. naturally they were pissed that someone on the TX government payroll could have actually made a mistake. the cop that gave me the ticket was there, and looked all agro until i stood up and let my crippled-ness fucking SHINE. I was polite (for the most part) and chalked it up to a simple mistake on his part. but once they were basically telling me I had to pay all these fees to be able to fight it i was like, "uhhhhhhh, fuck no you aren't getting a cent from me and here is why.... "

Boom roasted.

I'm super stoked you fought this man, made me sick reading it the first time.

ok, so you won. All fees waved? No citation? What happened exactly besides your burning the shit out of them?

i didnt have to pay them anything. basically their argument was. 

A. they had zero proof i was disabled.

B. that I had pleaded not guilty even though I admitted to actually parking in the spot.

so basically I described and showed my disability (felt sort of like a circus act but they are morons) and I had about 26 years of medical paperwork documenting my disability along with a certified letter from the state of NH stating that, in 2011 i was given a handicapped thing to hang from my mirror that expires in 2014. i also had said mirror hanging thingy. along with my license that says im handicapped. SO after all of that they were like. "It says here you admitted to parking in the spot." basically trying to still get the fine out of me. my exact words to the prosecutor were "are you serious? You have all the proof in the world that I was and still am legally aloud to park there or any other handicapped spot of my choosing. I find it disgusting that I am being treated the way I am, and have been advised by many disability advocates that this is grounds for a discrimination lawsuit, and I doubt that you want your name on THAT paperwork." then the judge yelled at me for threatening him and 3 minutes later everything was dropped. 

i didnt have to pay them anything. basically their argument was.

A. they had zero proof i was disabled.

B. that I had pleaded not guilty even though I admitted to actually parking in the spot.

so basically I described and showed my disability (felt sort of like a circus act but they are morons) and I had about 26 years of medical paperwork documenting my disability along with a certified letter from the state of NH stating that, in 2011 i was given a handicapped thing to hang from my mirror that expires in 2014. i also had said mirror hanging thingy. along with my license that says im handicapped. SO after all of that they were like. "It says here you admitted to parking in the spot." basically trying to still get the fine out of me. my exact words to the prosecutor were "are you serious? You have all the proof in the world that I was and still am legally aloud to park there or any other handicapped spot of my choosing. I find it disgusting that I am being treated the way I am, and have been advised by many disability advocates that this is grounds for a discrimination lawsuit, and I doubt that you want your name on THAT paperwork." then the judge yelled at me for threatening him and 3 minutes later everything was dropped.

Hot damn. I remember thinking that the judge would probably think the whole thing was a joke and just dismiss it. Can't believe they put up a fight. Can't you believe YOU had to put up a fight.