Melvins - 9 Clowns of the Apocalypse 7" Series

Guest realtalk

Didn't they post that the few posted on sale were just for mail order. And other variants at show only.

I read that the mail order versions were supposed to be sold in small batches but I don't know if that was 100% true. Aside from Suggar Daddys Splits, this is the longest a Melvins drop has lasted in a while.

they may pop up again after things get sorted out, but it will be doubtful. I doubt they over sold, that hasnt happened in the past and Haze hates dealing with shit like that. I do believe that this was the big sale though and not a little here , little there. The bash 10" lasted longer but i believe that it was a majority of the online sale that happened now, and this wont be on tour...except for the Bash

If you add it up it's only $100 per 8 songs. Yeah, fuck this. 

if you got everything it was 13 songs and 130 bucks, but each release is limited to 500, only place where 11 of the songs will appear on vinyl, with original silk screened handmade artwork.....complain if you want, you can still get the songs for free from youtube

They are clearly becoming millionaires off this right

i get it, man, i really do. i've paid stupid amounts for vinyl from bands i love. i like the Melvins and would buy these if there were any way that i could justify it. i just can't. i got bills to pay, i've got responsibilities apart from vinyl. God bless Buzzo and God bless you, but this is stupid.

Why is it stupid you just said you'be paid stupid amount for bands you love, how is this any different for people who love the Melvins.

I love the Melvins and have little issue paying this amount for what I purchased, I didn't buy the 10" because I didn't think it was worth it. Honestly outside of the music I love the art that goes along with these releases so I don't mind paying more to support the Band and the artists.

Guest realtalk

It's the simple "don't like it, don't buy it" concept.

Just because you like this band doesn't mean the prices aren't insane and people can't comment on how glaringly high the cost is for a 7" or 10".

Math is fun:

700 copies 7" @ $25 each = $17,500

700 copies 10" @ $50 each = $35,000

When they sell all copies of all 3 sets of 7" (the ones released so far) and all 10" records... GRAND TOTAL $87,500

But yes, Melvins have certainly put in their time, can do what they want and will inevitably sell records, no matter the cost. Long live.