DEAL FOUND: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon 2M-R for 340 shipped!

Thanks for the heads-up on the 15% off used code -- I decided to take the gamble with a red one in 'near mint' condition.  Sounds like it's either an open box unit or was a return.  Either way, I can live w/o the box being in mint condition.  In addition to the 15% off, Discover has a promotion going on for 5% off all online purchases.  Plus, if you buy through the FatWallet referral link, there's another 5% discount.  So ultimately, I got it close to 25% off (not too bad).

The used model arrived today...damaged (bent stylus).  The cartridge cover came loose during shipping (it was rattling on the bottom of the box) so I assume that's how the damage occurred.

Got on the phone w/ Musicians Friend and they offered 15% off a new model so I'll just go with that.  They already mailed me a pre-paid UPS label for the return, so at least it was a fairly painless process.  Sucks I have to wait some more to give it a spin, but am pleased w/their customer service.

Mine came. Stylus cover was loose in the box but the stylus seems okay. One of the hinges for the dustcover took a gouge out of the platter which is a bummer. Not sure if I should bother returning it because of that or not. Seems a bit trivial since I got it nearly $100 off, but it still kind of bothers me