VC Cooperative Label Board Members announced

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

I am excited to share with you our 10 board members for the Vinyl Collective Cooperative Label. The board members will communicate directly with the shareholders and help facilitate the nominating and voting processes. Before I share this with you, I hope you understand that this was no easy task. There are so many people that would have been great in this roll, but we decided to only have 10 board members.\

And don't forget that shares will go on sale at 10 am MST on Friday, April 11th. It will be available for sale in the Vinyl Collective store and links will be posted on the main page of Vinyl Collective dot com and on our message board. Plus, there is a nice contest to win a share at Punknews!

So our board members are:

Scott Heisel - Scott was one of 3 main editors at Punknews.org from 2001 to 2004. He started working for Alternative press in 2004 and is now their music editor. I first met Scott in 1999 when he helped book a show for a few of our bands at the time (Apocalypse Hoboken and Oblivion). Scott also holds the distinction of being the only sober drunk dial on the Suburban Home Records Drunk Dial hotline.

Aaron Sainz - Aaron runs Team Science Records who have put out releases by O Pioneers, Papermoons, the Measure, and Jon Benet. Besides running his own label, he helps broker vinyl pressings for other labels. I recently met Aaron in Austin and he is one of the nicest guys I know.

Joey Bullock - Previous employee of Suburban Home and close friend, Joey has been a big help to Vinyl Collective; him and Zach (below) have helped us with every major mailout for pre-orders on VC. Joey recently started Legwork (a graphic design firm). Even though Joey no longer works for Suburban Home, he is a lifetime member of the Suburban Home bowling team at the Vegas punk rock bowling tournament. This year, he won $5,000 at the black jack tables.

Zach Lowery - One of the owners of Grey Flight Records who put out records for Honor System, Cardinal Sin, Colossal, and the Ghost. Zach now lives in Denver and has been such a big help to Vinyl Collective. Plus, he is one of my drinking buddies.

Justin Ucomm - Justin runs Underground Communique records. He has put out releases for Black Cross, O Pioneers, J Church, New Bruises, and Shotbaker. Ucomm has upcoming releases with the Methadones, Capital, and Olehole. Justin likes pizza and is known to listen to the Jesus Lizard.

Mike Kennerty - Mike is best known for playing in the All American Rejects. He recently started a label, Edmond Records, which put out the latest Ben Weasel album. Mike has an insane record collection and lives in Oklahoma.

Matt Flood - Matt runs Asbestos Records which has put out vinyl for Bomb the Music Industry, Pegasuses XL, O Pioneers, and the Sonic Boom Six. You might have seen Matt in the pages of Alt Press for his extensive Against Me collection. Matt likes puppies and claims to be the one of the world's largest vegetarians.

Ray Harkins - I first met Ray when he sang for the band Taken. Ray handled A&R for Abacus Recordings and now works for Century Media. He also sings for the band Mikoto. His favorite bands of all time are the Descendents, Unbroken, Joy Division, Propagandhi and Isis.

Sam Goodcore - Sam runs Goodcore Records which has released vinyl for Appleseed Cast. He recently made the announcement that he was going to reduce the price of his Appleseed Cast vinyl and put the money made from sales of the record to charity. I met Sam in Los Angeles at a Playing Favorites show. His favorite bands, dead or alive, are Sunny Day Real Estate, Planes Mistaken for Stars, Alkaline Trio, Pretty Girls Make Graves, and the Gaslight Anthem

John-Michael Bond - You might know him as lokithelion on the VC message board, John is also the music editor of Mammoth Press. I have had the experience of working with John for years. Because of VC, I found out that John is also an avid vinyl collector. It is very likely that he is the biggest collector of O Pioneers vinyl.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Sainz - Aaron runs Team Science Records who have put out releases by O Pioneers, Papermoons, the Measure, and Jon Benet. Besides running his own label, he helps broker vinyl pressings for other labels. I recently met Aaron in Austin and he is one of the nicest guys I know.

ericxthexred is pissed!

This seems like a really solid list of solid people.

Guest Admin

I wanted to preface all of this by saying:

If you haven't talked shit about the vinyl cooperative label yet, now's your chance. Let me introduce the board members.

If you haven't talked shit about the vinyl cooperative label yet, now's your chance. Let me introduce the board members.

I don't get why some people have a problem with this idea. I was just reading some of the comments on punknews and there is no rationale to their arguments.

I don't get why some people have a problem with this idea. I was just reading some of the comments on punknews and there is no rationale to their arguments.

Yeah... I don't get it. People just like to talk shit. I personally won't be participating because lack of funds.... but it sounds fun and interesting.

guess you had to put out an O Pioneers record in some way shape or form to get on this list....

just kidding! but really, this is awesome, definitely a good list of dudes, im surprised ben isnt on it though, but he may just be too busy causing mayhem north of the border.

cant wait to buy a share tomorrow!