Dave Hause- Devour

Put on my brown copy of Devour and it just sounds flat. Not noisy but just lacks depth, and thats really disappointing because it is a 2xLP. I wish Rise would use Pirates Press again. I'm pretty sure they use Rainbo in California and they press the bad records for Epitaph and I'm pretty sure they pressed the new Balance And Composure LP. They have pressed good records before but damn. Not sure if its someone who is not making good cuts of records, or bad LP mastering, or what...

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone, new to the boards!

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I'm seeing Dave on Sunday in Philly and haven't picked up a copy of Devour yet. I'm wondering if anyone has seen him on this tour and remembers what variants he had and what prices are like at the merch table. The cream and the brown are still on his webstore, but I'm holding out hope I can get one cheaper without having to pay shipping/possibly getting one signed. 

Thanks!

Hey everyone, new to the boards!

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I'm seeing Dave on Sunday in Philly and haven't picked up a copy of Devour yet. I'm wondering if anyone has seen him on this tour and remembers what variants he had and what prices are like at the merch table. The cream and the brown are still on his webstore, but I'm holding out hope I can get one cheaper without having to pay shipping/possibly getting one signed. 

Thanks!

I saw him a few weeks ago in Salt Lake City. If I remember right, Devour was $20 or $25. I already had a copy, so I didn't inquire about variants available. But, I did get my copy signed after the show. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing because they have been sitting on these for 8 months, they didnt sell like they expected, the album didnt get the same reaction from people as his first one did have all had a hand in this being sold for less now. It is a shame, it is a good album, but I still find myself going to Resolutions more than Devour.