How long has it been since the last "weird situation on eBay" thread?

Not that long I guess, but anyway.

Yesterday (7/15) my listing for a print sold for around $440 BIN. The buyer (crawlong2013) sends this message the same minute the listing ended:

my brother just accidentally bought the print by mistake. can you cancel the transaction and we can still leave mutual feedback for each other. really sorry about the troubles.

I'm thinking yeah, it happens. Then I check his feedback, only has one, and I see that it's for the exact same print he bought from me. That one was purchased on 7/13 and he received feedback on 7/14. Since it was obviously a similar situation, I contacted that seller and and explained that I just received a message from this buyer to cancel the transaction immediately after it sold and he replied "yeah he did the same to me".

So I send this back to the buyer:

Hi,

Normally I wouldn't mind, but I can see that you did the same thing two days ago. I will wait for payment, otherwise I will have no option but to report you to eBay.

Regards

to which he replied:

it's a mistake. i will leave you a positive feedback once the transaction is canceled. you got nothing to lose.

I could go the easy route and just cancel the transaction (free feedback), but I'm a dick. So I reported the buyer (cannot open an unpaid item dispute yet) and sent back this message:

Then explain to me how you managed to make the same exact mistake two days earlier: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300867129846

Whatever you're trying to pull, it's definitely against eBay rules. I hope you don't think this is just an easy way to build your feedback. Or joke around with sellers.

So, can this guy leave me a negative feedback without ever paying? Or is eBay's system not THAT dumb?

That's the guy, yeah. I added his ID to the OP as well.

The latest response to my last message posted above:

i really have no idea man. why would i send you the same mistake for reasoning. that's just too dumb get your feedback if that is the case. it doesn't make sense to both of us.

This is getting pretty funny. I also opened an unpaid item dispute today, apparently now that it's open he cannot leave negative feedback.

That's ridiculous but at least he asked. Better than bidding and then trying weird shit.

yeah, that's true. I am thinking about adding him to my blocked user list though just to be safe. I responded and told him that I put it up for sale because I'd like the money now....not in a month in a half. We'll see if he responds