BEWARE, new eBay scammer

Guest mastenator

Totally serious. He posted his eBay links on FWW and I told him to get fucked with his ridiculous prices and he pmd me and called me a nigger.

I'm devastated.

If this is a new scam, I mean, it could easily be on the greatest ways to get cash. I'm too worrisome to try it. But yeah, sell a somewhat rare record. BIN-it for 1/3 less so the person buying it thinks they're getting a deal and realizes you're a noob. Use the cash as a loan. Refund upon getting caught.

Hey, Moonbeams, what records priced around $2K do you want to pay $500 for? I might have one.

Pretty sure this is what some of these asshats are doing. I don't know about you, but I don't like to throw out money and have it sit for a month before I get it back. This IS a scam.

You know I wasn't serious, right?

About actually doing this yourself? Yeah, I got that. Just annoyed right now with the people who actually seem to do this on a regular basis. It seems to be the new way to get a loan with no interest rate. Paypal should start charging these people a refund processing fee.

Will these scams even work now with the delay in paypal fund being available? I guess its possible, but the buyer would have to screw that one up pretty bad. 

Probably not. I've a hunch this could be the same scammer zora11, who had her account revoked after scamming 30 people for enough to buy a new car. The listings are very similar to hers and her account was just recently deactivated.

That would be great - but it would suck for people who issue legitimate refunds to get whacked with yet another fee.

Yeah, I occasionally dish out surprise refunds for various reasons. But more over, when I'm selling on eBay, buyers tend to send money without reading the description which says "wait for an invoice" and i have to issue a refund.

I was talking about a situation where you were forced to refund someone after a paypal dispute, not just refunding someone because you charged them too much shipping. I know some people who sent what was paid for have been scammed on that end too. Maybe everyone in the world can just agree to stop being assholes.

I was talking about a situation where you were forced to refund someone after a paypal dispute, not just refunding someone because you charged them too much shipping. I know some people who sent what was paid for have been scammed on that end too. Maybe everyone in the world can just agree to stop being assholes.

Let's hope VC can serve as a shining example..

Never pictured you much for a "we are the world" guy.

Wouldn't it be nice, though...