PO: The Weeknd - Kiss Land - September 10th

So... you can preorder now... but that doesn't mean you'll be getting vinyl?

I can see them waiting until they get enough preorders and then just making the vinyl outrageously priced so nobody wants it anyway.

They're saying if your pre order now you can upgrade to the vinyl order when more info gets released

• 3 weeks later...

You must not understand how mixtapes work in hip hop if you think making them free was him trying to be generous or not caring about money

I think that one: he definitely has an artistic vision that outweighs the money for him. And two: he's done pretty damn well for himself disregarding album sales.

I think that one: he definitely has an artistic vision that outweighs the money for him. And two: he's done pretty damn well for himself disregarding album sales.

I'm not denying that, he generated huge buzz of the mixtapes, made money touring, doing guest verses on LPs, definitely got paid for this involvement with Take Care and had a strong enough of a following he could remaster his mixtapes and sell them as an album, and went gold doing so

• 4 weeks later...