PO: Tim Kasher - Adult Film

From Saddle Creek:

http://saddle-creek.com/store/607

"Adult Film" is now available for PRE-ORDER! The album is not in stores until OCTOBER 8 but if you order from us, we will ship it to you on SEPTEMBER 24! That's two weeks early! Also on SEPTEMBER 24, your account will be updated to download the album as high quality 320 Kbps MP3s.

PLEASE NOTE: We cannot split up up orders. Any items ordered with "Adult Film" will be held until the SEPTEMBER 24 ship date.

CD, LP, MP3 and Colored LP also available.

This EXCLUSIVE bundle includes:

- "Adult Film" limited edition (of 500) opaque blue vinyl LP (available separately here)

- "Fragile Bipedal b/w As the Bus Runs Late on A January Day" 7" only available with this bundle. Limited edition of 250.

- "Truly Freaking Out b/w King of the Hill of Beans" 7" (available separately here)

Whereas The Game Of Monogamy was an orchestral album filled with theatrical arrangements, Adult Film favors less ornate, equally impactful instrumentation across its 10 affecting tracks. The album is filled with variations of Kasher’s signature blend of ruminative rock/pop, ranging from raucous and barreling (“American Lit,” “Truly Freaking Out”) to uneasy and undulating (“Where’s Your Heart Lie,” the dreamy “Lay Down Your Weapons”), from deceptively bright and poppy (“The Willing Cuckold,” “A Raincloud is a Raincloud”) to tempered and cascading (“You Scare Me To Death,” “A Lullaby, sort of”). Lyrically, Kasher is at his incisive best, thematically elastic and touching on aging (self-reflection and taking stock), mortality (one’s own and others’), and relationships of all kinds.

Kasher is joined on Adult Film by Sara Bertuldo (bass, vocals), Patrick Newbery (organ, keys, synths, horns), and Dylan Ryan (drums) – who backed him while touring around The Game Of Monogamy – as well as additional artists including Nate Kinsella (drums; of Make Believe and Birthmark) and Laura Stevenson (vocals; of Laura Stevenson and the Cans), among others. The album was mixed by John Congleton (St. Vincent, Wye Oak, Explosions In The Sky) at Elmwood Recording in Dallas, TX.

He was really good when I saw him a few months ago. Played a few new songs that made me excited for this release. I agree there should be a song stream w/ the pre-order though..

I didn't think his solo LP was awful, but it was pretty forgettable in my eyes. Hoping this will turn my view of him around.

Can't wait for this album. I celebrate his entire catalog. I really don't think Tim has ever made a bad album in my opinion. Something about being his age makes you realize a lot of the shit he says about life and love make a lot of sense. Saw him play about 5 songs off the new album in Chicago last March right before he recorded the record at Electrical Audio. Here is a song off the new album if you haven't heard anything. I love this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvAt9pNZCDs

As much as I love Tim Kasher and Saddle Creek $44.50 for a LP and 2 7"s after shipping is crazy. If the Special Edition LP is $20.00, the 7" is $6.00 that makes the other 7" $9.00. The cheapest shipping method is Priority Mail at $9.50? You could send all of that Media Mail for less than $5.00. In my opinion this should be about $35.00 after shipping, well ordered anyways.