The songs of Tony Sly: A Tribute-Out October 29th

FYI....this is now up at Interpunk for $16.50 (vs. $20 at Fat) and if you use the code FRISCO you get 15% off (code expires tomorrow, Friday, 9/13 at midnight)

Maybe since the profits are going to the Tony Sly Tribute fund you can try and not find the cheapest possible way to get it and buy it through Fat anyway.

Maybe since the profits are going to the Tony Sly Tribute fund you can try and not find the cheapest possible way to get it and buy it through Fat anyway.

Hi, welcome to Vinyl Collective, you must be new here.  (sarcasm)

I never claimed, nor stated that I purchased the LP via Interpunk.  All I did was provide an FYI and give people an *option* of getting the LP at a different price point.  I am guessing that if a distributor buys the LP to sell, or my local record store gets it in, Fat Wreck is still making a profit, which will be donated, unless you have proof otherwise?  

In case you haven't noticed, there isn't a thread that gets posted anymore here without people complaining about the price of the record or the price of shipping, etc.  All I did was just give an option, since there was a price discrepancy, right or wrong.  Think the LP is awesome and people can donate directly here:  http://tonysly.org/index.php, if they want to help out after the fact.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished listening to the whole thing front to back. This record is put together fantastically. Stand out tracks include Karina from DHC, Strung Out and Jon Snodgrass. As much as I hate Simple Plan, they even put up a great offering. This is probably one of my favorite comps of all times, and definitely an essential pick of 2013. I wanted to stop the record after every tune and listen to the original.

RIP Tony Sly