RESTECKPA the classixxx n'da 808s

True.  The k-to-the-ye board was openly wondering why not Graduation.  Since it's never even had a retail vinyl release.

i saw this in JB Hifi (australian music superstore) not 1 week ago......figured due to it being available there it must have been available elsewhere.......the misses likes 808's so i might pick it up 

Still so excited about this, awesome overall selection. That's 11 fucking vinyl I'm absolutely getting. So many more classic hip hop records need repressing

Amazon has the DMX LPs for pre order, they are $46 each. So for those expecting to pay $20-30 for these are in for a rude aw

Amazon has the DMX LPs for pre order, they are $46 each. So for those expecting to pay $20-30 for these are in for a rude aw

Those prices are making me sick. Alot of great releases in their pipeline but if that's what they expect to charge ill only be springing for Like Water for Chocolate and Slim Shady LP.(I already own 808's)

Those prices are making me sick. Alot of great releases in their pipeline but if that's what they expect to charge ill only be springing for Like Water for Chocolate and Slim Shady LP.(I already own 808's)

$45 for Slim Shady LP and 808s is still a hell of a lot better then what eBay and discogs is charging for

But I agree, the prices suck, but at least they're getting reissued and they're not bootleg. If they're all colored vinyl editions like the DMX (not sure is GRODT is) then it could be cool

Really excited about these... hopefully more to come.  I almost wish Get On Down was handling them, though.  Not sure I trust Universal.

I've pitched the idea of a Kanye box to G.O.D. but it would be a lot of work & money.

Picked up 808s for $25 a few years ago, I have a copy of In Search Of... that I bought used & isn't amazing so I'm buying this whether it's the electronic or the live version & I'm also definitely getting Like Water for Chocolate.

Hopefully they re-do the first 3 Kanye albums properly, Tical by Method Man & some newer releases they missed like Channel Orange.

I have a copy of In Search Of... that I bought used & isn't amazing so I'm buying this whether it's the electronic or the live version 

Read OP... it's the electronic version like released in the UK before they had Spymob re-record with the crew.

How many times... do I have to say... Electronic version

• 3 weeks later...

All the options in that Universal survey were either titles that have been repressed in recent years or 70s-80s shit that is still clogging used bins. One of the options was Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John, an album you could probably find a nice copy of for around $3. Major labels seem to have no idea how to effectively utilize their back catalogs for vinyl, they figure if they press things that made them money in the past, it'll translate to continued vinyl sales (like DMX for example - dude has sold 30 million records, several #1 albums - it makes sense on paper). This is true to a point, as a big part of modern consumer culture is to value shiny new shrinkwrapped things over old things that other people might have touched, and the modern collector/punisher is so anal-retentive about condition, even meaningless things like "spindle trails" and corner dings, that a new sealed copy of a Beatles record seems like a sane option. But at some point, people are going to realize they'd rather have one of the millions of $5 VG copies of Rumours or Thriller than a $30 anniversary edition. The sad truth is that the clear demand is for the more obscure, niche titles - out of print albums that sold modestly, but to a lot of diehard fans who'd gladly pony up $20 for a new copy rather than $200 to some eBay seller. Unfortunately, when you're working on the scale that Universal/Sony/EMI are, it's just not worth making a few thousand copies of a few thousand releases - they want maximum impact for minimum investment of time and resources, and so we get the $30 special edition of the top-tier albums and they license the rest out to someone who may or may not do a good job or they sit on it indefinitely. It's the same root problem that always occurs when you have publicly traded corporations owning art.

I feel like stuff like this gets cancelled before it even gets to anything worthwhile because it always starts off with stuff no one asked for. How many people even wanted represses of DMX albums?

What happened to the crowd voting vinyl campaign that Universal or some big company started?

I personally will be getting both DMX albums

As far as the prices go, I feel the reason the reason NWA, Eazy E and Ice Cube LPs were all $25 was because they weren't given the colored vinyl treatment.

Hopefully this series makes it till 808s and Slim Shady LP

50 cent and Slick Rick are supposed to come out next month but I haven't seen them listed anywhere yet

Nice! Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'll probably end up getting all of them, except the DMX, D12 or 50 Cent records (simply not a fan of any of them).

I'm passing on the D12, it makes no sense why they are on that list, NO ONE considers them classics except maybe diehard D12/EM fans, just really odd they're apart of that list of classics

Someone on the KTT board tried to get authorization from Def Jam France to press Graduation & they told him that because it was never released it means the artist doesn't want it on vinyl. Hopefully that doesn't get in the way of it ever coming out.

Doesn't make sense that he doesn't want it on vinyl, he released two vinyl after it. I heard it was a copyright issue with the art cover

• 2 weeks later...