Have you served in the military?

jtcohenour

I was just curios if there were any vet's or anyone currently still serving that are members of the VC?  

I saw this thread http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/85567-any-military-members/?hl=military from earlier this year, but I think it was just someone looking for some advice about enlisting

If you served, what were the years that you were in and which branch did you serve with.

Thanks,

If there are more vets or active service, please add MOS and when/where deployed.

19SEP01-19SEP06 (yeah, I went in a week after 9/11. I'm a genius)

Army

Human Intelligence Collector/Korean Linguist/Counter-Intel/Cavalry Scout -- 97E

14 months Mosul Iraq 2004-2005

Korean linguist, wow.  

2 years at DLI in Monterey learning Korean, never went to Korea. THAT'S the US Army.

I lived in Pusan (now Busan, I believe) Korea for two years. Was born there too.

Can't speak a lick. I took my baby book to the Korean grocery here in town to have the ladies there translate for me.

it was adorable.

I'm starting my M.Sc. in October and this sounds really interesting! Did you study at a university or did you get your training at the army?

My training was provided by the Air Force; however, I do have a degree in meteorology.  FYI the Army does not have a MOS for meteorology.  All weather for the Army is provided by the Air Force.

I blew my knee out two days after my high school graduation, twoo weeks before boot camp, three months prior to 9-11. One of the worst things that ever happened to me in my life. I lived my entire life up to that point wanting nothing more than to be a marine. My buddy was killed in afghanistan shortly after the invasion. The look his mother gave me at the funeral will stay with me forever. We signed our enlistment papers together, he fought and died, i laid in bed and smoked pot. Thats something that will bother me forever.

Glad you have a positive outlook.  I wish I had the same disposition.

Yeah, no kids, enough savings. If it went months I might change my mind but no way that happens. A few days, maybe a week or two is just an unpaid vacation.

I get why it could be significantly different for others...

Yeah, no kids, enough savings. If it went months I might change my mind but no way that happens. A few days, maybe a week or two is just an unpaid vacation.

I get why it could be significantly different for others...

Good stuff.  I can see why an unplanned vacation would be nice then.