Looming Federal Government Shutdown

The most frustrating side effect of this shutdown is the amount of blatantly uninformed individuals who have been taking to Facebook ranting about the government and placing blame where ever they see fit.

The most common being "Impeach Obama Now!"

Ugh.

The same people that prefer the Affordable Care Act over Obamacare?

Back to work indeed. This has been a pisser for full time feds, but also those paid on grants and contracts, which is most of my coworkers. It has certainly impacted our ability to perform research and get our jobs done.

Wouldn't it be a pisser if Obama vetoes the bill live on air, while wearing a turban and praising Allah. Maybe also sucker punching a WWII vet while performing a late-term abortion.

The most frustrating side effect of this shutdown is the amount of blatantly uninformed individuals who have been taking to Facebook ranting about the government and placing blame where ever they see fit.

The most common being "Impeach Obama Now!"

Ugh.

I could not agree more. 

I know this isn't REALLY related, but Cory Booker won the NJ Senate seat last night.  I for one really enjoy that guy, but having grown up in the red county of Ocean, I saw a bunch of "Damn you Booker" statuses that absolutely blew my mind.  Even if you aren't a democrat in NJ, how would it have made sense, especially after the Government shutdown fiasco, to elect the Tea Party member instead? Logic.

I know this isn't REALLY related, but Cory Booker won the NJ Senate seat last night.  I for one really enjoy that guy, but having grown up in the red county of Ocean, I saw a bunch of "Damn you Booker" statuses that absolutely blew my mind.  Even if you aren't a democrat in NJ, how would it have made sense, especially after the Government shutdown fiasco, to elect the Tea Party member instead? Logic.

he's a minority too, right?  need to diversify congress, too many old white men not enough women and people of color.

he's a minority too, right?  need to diversify congress, too many old white men not enough women and people of color.

Yessir. I'm not sure how much you've heard about him, but I can't think of any political leader who is more 'for the people' (& I use that term loosely) as this guy.  I follow him on Twitter and whenever there's an issue in Newark (where he's the Mayor), he gives people his direct cell phone number to get it all sorted out.  There was a lot of that going down during Sandy & the snow we had shortly after.  Someone would tell him the plows missed their street and he would send a crew over there no matter what time of day to get it cleared out.

& Then there's the infamous running into a burning building to save his neighbor story.

Yes! I think he's a pretty good dude to represent us in the Senate.  It's only for 15 months, but hopefully he will run again and be reelected.

He's replacing Frank Lautenberg who died back in June, but Chris Christie had a Republican seat-filler in there while the campaigning and special election happened.

It should also be noted that Christie spent $12million in NJ tax dollars to hold a separate election less than 30 days away from his election happening on Nov 5 to deter Democrats away from voting in his election.  Fantastic.