Looming Federal Government Shutdown

i am a pretty liberal/leftist person, but come the fuck on, you have to be blind to not see the far right holding the govt hostage over funding a law that was declared legal by the supreme court of the united states!  They will not vote for a budget that funds ACA.  They dont care about anything BUT DEFUNDING ACA.  This is CLEARLY "the other sides" fault.

This is exactly what i am talking about.

This is exactly what i am talking about.

exsplain to me how this is NOT one sides fault??  The President, the democrats and the majority of the Senate have all proposed a budget that includes ACA funding yet the REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED CONGRESS wont vote to approve it because of ACA funding.  the fact you think the blame shouldnt be on just one party, and that its both parties fault is INSANE!!!!! 

i guess it's the democrats fault because they're insisting to have something funded that is a law. laws passed and upheld by all three branches of government deserve to be defunded, obviously.

also, they have enough votes to pass a 'clean' spending bill in the house and end the shut down, but Boehner refuses to bring it to a vote. definitely the dems fault. definitely.

i guess it's the democrats fault because they're insisting to have something funded that is a law. laws passed and upheld by all three branches of government deserve to be defunded, obviously.

also, they have enough votes to pass a 'clean' spending bill in the house and end the shut down, but Boehner refuses to bring it to a vote. definitely the dems fault. definitely.

More people need to know this.  Not necessarily people on here, but people in the most generic of terms.

this letter from Harry Reid to Boehner is the best:

http://www.businessinsider.com/government-shutdown-reid-makes-boehner-an-offer-2013-10

"I hated the Iraq War. I think I hated it as much as you hate the Affordable Care Act," Reid wrote.

"There were many gut-wrenching nights when I struggled over what I needed to do to end the carnage. In those days, when President Bush was Commander in Chief, I could have taken the steps that you are taking now to block Government funding in order to gain leverage to end the war. I faced a lot of pressure from my own base to take that action. But I did not do that. I felt that it would have been devastating to America."

its so tiring to have someone come into a thread, try to take a shit on it, and then when asked to back up their shitpile, they just disappear...

Not surprising.  That seems to be the tea party strategy as of late.  They can say whatever crazy insane bullsh*t they want and then they walk away without so much as an explanation or any facts to back it up.  It's as if they think that just because they said something that makes it true.  Unfortunately for us there are a lot of incredibly stupid and gullible Americans who think what they're saying is true...

You just can't trust that "Liberal Media"!!!  /sarcasm

this is all we talked about in my poly sci class yesterday and i live in canada.

i am fairly certain that the rest of the world is both concerned for us and thinks us to be insane.  i would have to say that they are right for thinking both of those things.