PO: Soundgarden Screaming Life/Fopp reissue at Sub pop

apirk

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but looks like a picture disc reissue of Superunknown is planned for later this month.  I've seen it on a distributor's website but this is the first pre-order I've found.

http://www.amazon.ca/Superunknown-Limited-Picture-Disc-Vinyl/dp/B00FKNO9EK

If anyone has more info please let me know.

Thanks

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but looks like a picture disc reissue of Superunknown is planned for later this month. I've seen it on a distributor's website but this is the first pre-order I've found.

Thanks

stop polluting this awesome thread with bull crap about picture discs.

What a bold and factually incorrect statement.  :)

how do you figure it's factually incorrect?  my statement was of course my opinion, guess I should've put an IMO after it.  I'm curious to hear how you think it's a fact that superunknown is NOT their best album.  If anything, I could make an argument that my opinion is a fact.

Soundgarden achieved its biggest success with the 1994 album Superunknown, which debuted at number one on the Billboard charts and yielded the Grammy Award-winning singles "Black Hole Sun" and "Spoonman".

cited from wikipedia.org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundgarden

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but looks like a picture disc reissue of Superunknown is planned for later this month.  I've seen it on a distributor's website but this is the first pre-order I've found.

Thanks

Don't own and never will own a pic disc.  I've heard they sound awful and I intend to play it, not hang it on my wall.  In a way it gives me hope that maybe a non-pic disc for Superunknown is just over the horizon.

how do you figure it's factually incorrect? my statement was of course my opinion, guess I should've put an IMO after it. I'm curious to hear how you think it's a fact that superunknown is NOT their best album. If anything, I could make an argument that my opinion is a fact.

Soundgarden achieved its biggest success with the 1994 album Superunknown, which debuted at number one on the Billboard charts and yielded the Grammy Award-winning singles "Black Hole Sun" and "Spoonman".

I think he was just having some fun with you no need to get so sensatiive, especially since you said it was their best by a long shot. It could have won every award out there and to me it isn't their best album but that is just my opinion. I do like it and have the original pressing.

I think he was just having some fun with you no need to get so sensatiive, especially since you said it was their best by a long shot. It could have won every award out there and to me it isn't their best album but that is just my opinion. I do like it and have the original pressing.

I'm not being sensitive, i'm having fun right back.  I responded to a comment someone made about something I posted.  What's the big deal?

how do you figure it's factually incorrect?  my statement was of course my opinion, guess I should've put an IMO after it.  I'm curious to hear how you think it's a fact that superunknown is NOT their best album.  If anything, I could make an argument that my opinion is a fact.

It's obviously your opinion, because it's a subjective matter.  That's why statements such as "factually incorrect" (especially when followed by a lame smiley face) are meant to be taken in jest.  

But seriously though, since we're having this conversation....  You're argument is flawed because you are equating commercial success with artistic quality.  I think they are rarely the same.  

Like I said, I was kidding around with you.  I do like Superunknown....and it's certainly better than Down on the Upside (and let's not even mention King Animal), but I think it's just a more watered down poppy version of their earlier work.  I don't think Superunknown comes even close to the power that Badmotorfinger carries.   But, as The Dude would say...."well, that's like, your opinion, man."  

It's obviously your opinion, because it's a subjective matter.  That's why statements such as "factually incorrect" (especially when followed by a lame smiley face) are meant to be taken in jest.  

But seriously though, since we're having this conversation....  You're argument is flawed because you are equating commercial success with artistic quality.  I think they are rarely the same.  

Like I said, I was kidding around with you.  I do like Superunknown....and it's certainly better than Down on the Upside (and let's not even mention King Animal), but I think it's just a more watered down poppy version of their earlier work.  I don't think Superunknown comes even close to the power that Badmotorfinger carries.   But, as The Dude would say...."well, that's like, your opinion, man."  

I don't personally feel that Superunknown is the best material they've ever put out because of its commercial success, but one could argue that an artist's most commercially successful album would make it their best work in the regard of that particular perspective.  The original context of "best album" was vague to begin with.  But as you said, it's a subjective topic, so obviously there can be no factual conclusion one way or the other.  The fact that I prefer Superunknown over any of their other work probably has a lot to do with that album being the first album of theirs I got into.  I'm certainly not trying to start a fight over the whole thing and it doesn't sound like you are either.  This is just a clash of opinions.  Badmotorfinger is my 2nd favorite album of theirs and DOTU is 3rd, I just feel that Superunknown was the album that they hit their stride, dynamically and artistically.  I really tried to like King Animal but I just don't care for it.

I LOVE Down On The Upside. Every song is great (other than the singles which are not nearly as good).

The picture disc for superunknown is also listed as a single disc. That album is way too long for a single lp.

Everybody knows that only MY opinion matters so it is up to me to decide what the best Soundgarden album is. :)

And the answer is it is a tie for the album that has "Black Hole Sun" on it and the one that has their best song, "Blow up the Outside World" on it. I'm too lazy to look up the titles of those albums and my old brain is having trouble remembering the names of said records. 

Everybody knows that only MY opinion matters so it is up to me to decide what the best Soundgarden album is. :)

And the answer is it is a tie for the album that has "Black Hole Sun" on it and the one that has their best song, "Blow up the Outside World" on it. I'm too lazy to look up the titles of those albums and my old brain is having trouble remembering the names of said records. 

Is this real life?

Why won't Sub Pop do a proper deluxe remastered fancy reissue of the Green River stuff?!?! C'mon already!!!

The real reason is, it's just not that great or in demand. The records aren't that rare, like Superunknown, but the PJ collectors and the general interest in that time period and the "Seattle scene" keep the prices up. 

Still a small pressing run couldn't hurt, right?

• 4 weeks later...