Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

damn he is out of it. he just got back to me.  he got slammed...hahaha.

i will eventually get that Windhand.  one of the bands i really dig doomy wise.

You'll get it, it's pretty much been in print non-stop.

From the STB Facebook:

So I have good news and better news.. The Good news.. Anyone who ordered a Die Hard edition they have been packed and shipped!! 

The better news! I have about 10 banners left over and some patches.. these will be randomly placed in your packages.!!

I love Steve. Dude is so fucking rad.

I dont own any Windhand. You arent the only one.

Just never got around to it. Someday.

I heard about that Salem's Pot split and I was hooked, quickly picked up the Cough/Windhand split and Soma from the Relapse 50% sale and recently grabbed the s/t. Love them. Up until then I hadn't even listened to them though.

I heard about that Salem's Pot split and I was hooked, quickly picked up the Cough/Windhand split and Soma from the Relapse 50% sale and recently grabbed the s/t. Love them. Up until then I hadn't even listened to them though.

yeah that relapse sale was a cluster fuck for me.  i couldn't get past page 3 without getting an error so i said fuck it and ordered from nuclear blasts sale at the time.

For anyone who bought wounded giant: lightning medicine on black mess, was there ever any shipping notification or e mail receipt from them? Ordered and just have my paypal receipt.

My 1/3 order for this showed up today...no other emails came but that was some fast shipping.  Nice thick vinyl too.

yeah that relapse sale was a cluster fuck for me.  i couldn't get past page 3 without getting an error so i said fuck it and ordered from nuclear blasts sale at the time.

That's a bummer. I ended up with a bunch of killer shit from that sale!

My 1/3 order for this showed up today...no other emails came but that was some fast shipping.  Nice think vinyl too.

Yeah, I remember being really surprised how quickly mine got to me as well.

so apparently if you have a Decibel subscription you don't get the 100 bands of doom mag????.  i was looking forward to that when someone posted about it and instead got the napalm death cover.  will have to go pick that up at barnes and nobles or some shit.

is that a pretty decent list for a noob? 

so apparently if you have a Decibel subscription you don't get the 100 bands of doom mag????.  i was looking forward to that when someone posted about it and instead got the napalm death cover.  will have to go pick that up at barnes and nobles or some shit.

Yeah, the special issues aren't included.

It's a great list for the whole family!

My 1/3 order for this showed up today...no other emails came but that was some fast shipping.  Nice thick vinyl too.

Yeah I just got mine as well.  Gonna spin it tonight!

Thanks for the FB tip with Moon Curse.  Sent them a FB message and got the same deal.

Did you just FB message them and get that?  if so I am going to as well.

I messaged halo of flies with a question and he got back super quick. then i messaged back about items i wanted and havent heard back.  Trying to buy some doom!

I messaged halo of flies with a question and he got back super quick. then i messaged back about items i wanted and havent heard back.  Trying to buy some doom!

yeah he got back to me quick about the windhand lp but i haven't heard back about my order.  he said his inbox was full and going in order of messaged received and there was like 47 before mine....haha.  doesn't look good the later this goes.

Oh, forgot to ask.

Finally gave a listen to the Goya LP now and was surprised to hear that one of the tracks (second on A side?) ends abruptly and instantly goes into the next song, feeling unfinished. I thought it was an issue with the digital and when I first heard the mp3's so I downloaded new ones, thinking that they were incomplete downloads.

What's the deal with that? Such an odd choice.

Also, this finals time is not easy on the psyche. Just caved in an ordered the newly-pressed Bast LP from Black Bow on gorgeeeeeeous gold vinyl. Along with a Conan slipmat and patch... :huh:

tumblr_nhvobdW1T11qkmt7bo1_1280.jpg