Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Oh damn. Did not expect this at all.

Reckon I'll be good to wait for some time on that splatter. But, it does look a lot better than the silver so it might sell out quick, even though it's less limited.

Decisions, decisions.

Be careful, Conan shit seems to go pretty quick when you don't expect it to.

Already put in an order in the meanwhile ;)

Kind of not sure if it's necessary, as I've yet to spin Live At Mount Wrath which I received a month ago, but I'd only need to get Live At Bannermans to complete the Conan collection. Waiting to add that to my order before it ships in January so hope that one stays around.

Not sure how I feel about Mammoth storm yet. Digging the artwork and direction but kind of asking myself whether I need another Conan.

One can only have so much room for bands with simple song structures, (semi-) mythological/fantasy themes and geeking out about amps. Especially when it's so blatantly obvious the dude on the vocals is Swedish. Not much turns me away more than a strong accent. It's not bad but it's just meh. Talking about the new album mostly, Rite Of Ascension seemed quite enjoyable on first listen. If I'd heard them before Conan, I'd probably be singing a different tune.

I have a copy of mount wrath (black) if anyone wants it, shipping from Canada though. Can't get into it. Love mammoth storm though, for me the vocals are better.

Got my STB order, warlocks and geezer - both sound amazing, bummed about the huge corner bump, but that is life. Can't imagine playing that extra warlocks tune on cardboard though. Does it have maybe one good spin in it?

Would have been nice if that green w/ purple and gold splatter turned out a little something more like this variant of the new Belzebong LP. I mean, it's just strange to me that the colours are all there but it's just boring-looking. Why go through the hassle of doing an elaborate colour if it doesn't even serve its purpose of looking good. :rolleyes:

12093293_116137538747624_1048997792_n.jp

Would have been nice if that green w/ purple and gold splatter turned out a little something more like this variant of the new Belzebong LP. I mean, it's just strange to me that the colours are all there but it's just boring-looking. Why go through the hassle of doing an elaborate colour if it doesn't even serve its purpose of looking good. :rolleyes:

12093293_116137538747624_1048997792_n.jp

Windhand-Soma had a beautiful variant like that too. Green w/orange and black I think. (It's the one I ended up grabbing) so good.