Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

More releated to stoner stuff...

it seems there are alot of these stoner rocker bands coming out trying to be kyuss, fu manchu, etc.  some do a good job.  some do a very very bad job.

i happen to like this one.

I can see how some folks would dig it. I can't get into stuff that has too much of that "southern boy" feel to it like this song does. Also, the video seems like something a shitty mallcore band would put out.

That said, you've definitely made some good recommendations in the past, so I'll look into these dudes some more.

i honestly did not watch the video. kind of put the song on youtube as i was doing some things around my place. 

i would agree some of it has that southern feel to it. some try to blend 5 different genres in one.  then again i like a good chunk of it because it reminds me of kyuss, fu manchu, slo burn etc like mentioned above. 

i honestly did not watch the video. kind of put the song on youtube as i was doing some things around my place. 

i would agree some of it has that southern feel to it. some try to blend 5 different genres in one.  then again i like a good chunk of it because it reminds me of kyuss, fu manchu, slo burn etc like mentioned above. 

Yeah, totally reasonable. I know a lot of you dudes are into the more southern-y stuff. I wish I could get into it more. Just reminds me of back home in Indiana (my original, original home)

I think Limp Bizkit did this video for "Eat You Alive" all jokes aside, I dig it. Reminds me of Kyuss, but a little heavier.

Yeah, totally reasonable. I know a lot of you dudes are into the more southern-y stuff. I wish I could get into it more. Just reminds me of back home in Indiana (my original, original home)

Embrace the original home  :) .  Btw what was your prior handle.  it is bothering the shit out of me...

More releated to stoner stuff...

it seems there are alot of these stoner rocker bands coming out trying to be kyuss, fu manchu, etc. some do a good job. some do a very very bad job.

i happen to like this one.

I thought this reminded me more of The Sword than anything else. Although, the vocals on this were awful. They should either find a new singer or go instrumental.

I just got the new Generation of Vipers album today. Only listened to once so far, but it's pretty fucking good. Also, got the new Inter Arma album - The Cavern. One song, 46 minutes long. Even after having it for two days it's already a top 5 album of the year for me. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being #1.

I just got the new Generation of Vipers album today. Only listened to once so far, but it's pretty fucking good. Also, got the new Inter Arma album - The Cavern. One song, 46 minutes long. Even after having it for two days it's already a top 5 album of the year for me. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being #1.

Gonna look into that inter arma

Links dude!

I thought this reminded me more of The Sword than anything else. Although, the vocals on this were awful. They should either find a new singer or go instrumental.

Yeah the vocals are the downfall. Have heard better but also heard alot worse. Its been brought up many times here but there are bands that are just ruined by awful singers...

I actually bought the albums for both Generation of Vipers and Inter Arma, but here are some links.

Generation of Vipers

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/generation-of-vipers-song-stream

http://translationlossrecords.bigcartel.com/product/generation-of-vipers-coffin-wisdom-cd-preorder

Inter Arma

https://www.relapse.com/interarmacavern

I couldn't find a link that has the whole album on it, but here is a trailer clip. Also, if anyone wants me to send them a file of the album let me know and i'll hook you up.

Going to MIssissippi Records todayyyyyyy. I made the mistake of leaving a copy of Soma there the other day, (basic black, but it was only $12) and when I came back, of course it was sold. Gonna take another peek today to see what I see!

Inter Arma is pretty sweet.

Going to MIssissippi Records todayyyyyyy. I made the mistake of leaving a copy of Soma there the other day, (basic black, but it was only $12) and when I came back, of course it was sold. Gonna take another peek today to see what I see!

Inter Arma is pretty sweet.

Take me with youuuuuuuu.

YES!

You are the best ...though you shaved...

So torn

Ah, yeah...wifey said the beard was getting too long. Were it up to me, I'd have facial hair like Lemmy all the time, but she doesn't dig that either, so I'm back to clean shaven for the moment. Luckily I only have to shave like once every couple months, she likes me a little shaggy.