Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I really lucked out on my Sleep collection. My Kreation Holy Mountain test press and standard black press as well as my sealed Tee Pee Dopesmoker were all between 53ppd and 60ppd and I scored them from different discogs sellers all within a week and a half at the end of last year.

I would love to have an Earache press though.

I got a UPS notification today about something coming in...I hope it's my Riding Easy package! (I think it is, don't know what else it would be and it explains why they charge $6 shipping for a record.) I know it's got The Well - Samsara in it, and now I can't remember what the other thing I ordered was, because the Salem's Pot/Windhand won't be coming for a bit. and Electric Citizen - Sateen. Stoked!

I found a guy selling like every Thou release on ebay. Things may get ugly for me. I swear that band churns out more in a short period than anyone else...

Solid band.

I found an opaque red copy of that electric citizen record in a used bin in a local store the other day for $13.

It looks like whoever bought it didn't dig it and immediately went to sell it to the store. Super stoked on that score

Nice score! I think I ended up with the teal? whichever of the red/teal was less limited, the other one was sold out.

I'm pretty sure the red was /100. I had never heard them before so it was kind of a blind buy other than knowing the type of music riding easy puts out.

I dislike ordering from them though because they're so expensive. So it was nice to pick it up in store

Yeah, I would have loved to pick it up in store. Ordering from them is balls. So it looks like I got teal then, (I'm not too disappointed if that's the case, I like the look of it.) Still, congrats again on that score. Pretty sweet!

Got my package from Riding Easy today, their packaging is great! Took a beating and the records/covers are still in perfect shape. That said, I'm crazy bummed about the flimsy-ass jackets for the price I paid for two single LPs. It's whatever, and when they put out other stuff I want I'll probably order it, but...meh. STB is my label of choice for more expensive stuff. That shit's awesome.

Hope my Riding Easy stuff shows up today. I agree that STB has much higher quality packaging. I am kinda wondering what made me buy the Geezer album with the burlap bag. Burlap + records = ? I need to remember this when these labels put out this wacky ass packaging. I have a liquid filled lp jacket and I don't keep it anywhere near my other records so WTF is the point of buying that type of gimmicky stuff? Someday I will learn.

Hope my Riding Easy stuff shows up today. I agree that STB has much higher quality packaging. I am kinda wondering what made me buy the Geezer album with the burlap bag. Burlap + records = ? I need to remember this when these labels put out this wacky ass packaging. I have a liquid filled lp jacket and I don't keep it anywhere near my other records so WTF is the point of buying that type of gimmicky stuff? Someday I will learn.

:) I was tempted by that burlap shit and I'm not even super keen on Geezer, so I totally get where you're coming from! Even just their (STB's) basic stuff is so heavy and luxurious feeling though. I love it. Plus all those great patches and stickers and stuff that he sends out as bonuses? Excellent.