Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Thought there might be some interest in Asteroid since it was an old topic here...

Asteroid III out on Amazon now...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M195N5J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And Asteroid II preorder up too for Dec 23

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LY2X2F6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any favorite metal records for 2016? I need to look at my collection as I'm drawing a blank. Nothing is really jumping out at me off the top of my head. I don't know if that is a testament to the lack of quality this year or if I'm just brain dead right now with work and holiday crap.

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Any favorite metal records for 2016? I need to look at my collection as I'm drawing a blank. Nothing is really jumping out at me off the top of my head. I don't know if that is a testament to the lack of quality this year or if I'm just brain dead right now with work and holiday crap.

InterArma, Cobalt, Khemmis, Vektor...   all very good.

2 hours ago, elsanto said:

So weird...was just listening to Khemmis as I read that.  And Vektor...I have to thank the wizards here for that one.  I bought all I could of them this past year.

Other faves this year...Slomatics, InterArma, Graves At Sea, True Widow, Nails, Oranssi Pazuzu, Wretch, Eerie

Oh, shit yeah. That Slomatics album is awesome and I still haven't picked up a copy. Time to do myself a favor.

I could list so many good albums that came out this year, but i'll limit it for now(No particular order). I'm sure i'll actually list my top 50 in a few days.

1. Suma
  2. Inter Arma
  3. Conan
  4. Slomatics
  5. Ash Borer
  6. Lesbian
  7. Nails
  8. Ortega
  9. King Buffalo
  10. Neurosis
  11. Big Business
  12. Domkraft

23 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I could list so many good albums that came out this year, but i'll limit it for now(No particular order). I'm sure i'll actually list my top 50 in a few days.

1. Suma
  2. Inter Arma
  3. Conan
  4. Slomatics
  5. Ash Borer
  6. Lesbian
  7. Nails
  8. Ortega
  9. King Buffalo
  10. Neurosis
  11. Big Business
  12. Domkraft

The new lesbian and domkraft were wonderful.  I truely agree with everything on that list. I really want to see inter arma touring on this new record and headlining. I couldnt justfiy the 30 dollar ticket to see them open for carcass and deafheaven. 

Also seeing earthless tonight and super pumped. Friends band is opening which is quite exciting for them. 

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

More bands announced for psycho fest. No idea how to post the picture from the facebook page i saw. 

Really like the additions. May jump on tickets soon. Hopefully some wizards are too. 

Looks good so far... Slomatics are the biggest sell for me so far though.