Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

New All Them Witches album Sleeping Throught the War is available to purchase through Pledge Music. It's $30 for a single LP and the band signs the album. I always hate buying through Pledge because the prices are inflated and the signatures don't justify the higher cost. Anyway,  it cost me $36 including shipping.

All Them Witches - Sleeping Through the War

7 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

New All Them Witches album Sleeping Throught the War is available to purchase through Pledge Music. It's $30 for a single LP and the band signs the album. I always hate buying through Pledge because the prices are inflated and the signatures don't justify the higher cost. Anyway,  it cost me $36 including shipping.

All Them Witches - Sleeping Through the War

Yeah it's been up for a month or so now and sure do hate the fact that they chose to go through Pledgemusic. As much as I love All Them Witches I'm not spending 70$ (40$ for shipping) on a LTD colour of an LP . Seems like they've been selling quite slow so far.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

Gotta be honest with you guys and eat a little bit of a shit sandwich here. I was certain I'd listened to Technical Ecstasy at some point...I don't think I ever had until tonight. Either that or it's way better than I remembered. I'm really enjoying it right now. My ranking of Sabbath albums may have just changed tonight...

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Gotta be honest with you guys and eat a little bit of a shit sandwich here. I was certain I'd listened to Technical Ecstasy at some point...I don't think I ever had until tonight. Either that or it's way better than I remembered. I'm really enjoying it right now. My ranking of Sabbath albums may have just changed tonight...

I've always stayed away from that one because of the title. Stupid, I know. I need to listen to it.

35 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I've always stayed away from that one because of the title. Stupid, I know. I need to listen to it.

Yeah, the title is pretty dumb. Turns out it's actually pretty solid. There are definitely some misses on there, but also some really great songs!

Ha. Had the Toke wax mage variant in my cart and was about to finalize but just couldn't do it. Even so, could have missed it as it sold out in a minute. It's a solid album, just nothing exceptional as all the songs sound the same. No reason to mull over missing some fancy wax. (Obviously trying to convince myself that I would not have paid that amount, had I unlimited funds for amassing the collection. The recently pulled wisdom teeth played their part no doubt.)

Actually thinking of putting aside some money to get the Leviathan Scar Sighted art box (125$ shipped over here). Not many of those around and that is one record (with art to boot) that is an absolutely visceral experience on all levels. Anyone got one?

Any of you interested, STB has a good sale going on. Everything in the store is 15% and he found some leftover copies of the Geezer DH variant as well.

Also, this

http://monofonuspress.com/how-to-live-like-a-king-for-very-little-by-thor-harris

Edited by JoshuaNilk

16 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I want to say yes but imagine it'll just put me in the same situation you're in now :P

I just realized when i want to listen to something ozzy i always put on sabbath. I owned a few of the ozzy solo records and never listened to them. 

You can cut out the middle man and just go to the hits!

5 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I just realized when i want to listen to something ozzy i always put on sabbath. I owned a few of the ozzy solo records and never listened to them. 

You can cut out the middle man and just go to the hits!

Ozzmosis is up there with Ozzy/Sabbath era material.   Really would like to own this on vinyl.

Also is there a good calculator when shipping records internationally?    I'm debating selling a record to Argentina and I would like to know the shipping cost.  I can never really get a solid answer on the USPS website, unless I'm imputing the information wrong.  Maybe you dudes know of something out there.

1 minute ago, aviolentworld said:

Also is there a good calculator when shipping records internationally?    I'm debating selling a record to Argentina and I would like to know the shipping cost.  I can never really get a solid answer on the USPS website, unless I'm imputing the information wrong.  Maybe you dudes know of something out there.

I don't know of one, I can't get myself to ship internationally.

6 minutes ago, aviolentworld said:

Ozzmosis is up there with Ozzy/Sabbath era material.   Really would like to own this on vinyl.

I only have Original Sin as far as solo stuff.

13 minutes ago, aviolentworld said:

i shipped internationally maybe 3 times and never had a problem.  i'm just always scared that this is the time that something will happen, right now..haha.  never does though.

I always stress about it and decide against it. I think I sent some stuff to Canada one time.

2 hours ago, aviolentworld said:

I've never had a problem with the USPS calculator. I only ship international if the buyer agrees to Priority expensive shipping with insurance. Other than that it's just not worth the risk for me. Most of the records I've shipped international have been high dollar records and the buyers are usually pretty understanding because it covers their ass as well.

I hate ordering international so i could only assume people hate receiving international. 

I bought a record from poland and it took like two months to get here. 

I ordered records directly from the band Bong from england and it got here in like 5 days. Ordered another record from englad and it took almost a month. Makes no sense why some take super long and some dont.