PO: From Indian Lakes - Able Bodies (Triple Crown Reissue)

That wasn't the issue with the first pressing though. It was that the mastering was terrible.

So what are you saying? I said it sounds absolutely mint. Dynamic and punchy. Levels seem to be mixed properly. Im sure if there was an issue with the mastering my ears would have let me know right away.

So what are you saying? I said it sounds absolutely mint. Dynamic and punchy. Levels seem to be mixed properly. Im sure if there was an issue with the mastering my ears would have let me know right away.

Awesome. sounds good. may consider buying it then.

First pressing was really, really dull, muddy, terrible pressing.

Go for it! You wont regret it. Got the clear and the splatter is really well done.

Also, the only song I had heard before listening to the record was Breaking My Bones. It was so hard to hold out until I got the vinyl but well worth the wait. Singers voice is incredible.

Go for it! You wont regret it. Got the clear and the splatter is really well done.

Also, the only song I had heard before listening to the record was Breaking My Bones. It was so hard to hold out until I got the vinyl but well worth the wait. Singers voice is incredible.

Wow! Can't believe you waited that long to hear the whole thing, good for you. I couldn't wait to pop the cd in my car.

I bought this repress blindly solely based on all the praise this record got on here. Had never heard even one song... and I gotta say, holy shit is this album awesome.

Got the splatter in today and just finished spinning it. Looks and sounds reallllllly nice.

So happy I picked it up. These guys are awesome.

happy to say that this record sounds absolutely mint. no surface noise or skips whatsoever.

Just to echo SaviorSelf and put your mind at (more) ease cwhitmuzik, I listened to the blue pressing's A side about three times (mostly the first three songs) and compared it against the splatter and wow..night and day difference.

After listening to the blue copy a lot my ears might have gotten used to the quality but after spinning the splatter, the sounds and dynamics really open up, very pleased with it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

glad they're keeping this in print. such a great album

was this what they had on tour? or were they selling the silver variant most recently?

I find myself listening to Absent Sounds a lot more than this but Able Bodies is still such an incredible album. I kind of want to variant collect this one but I don't really want to track down a blue copy (especially since the quality is so trash) but if someone was offering to sell at a decent price I may bite.