Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

Also I know they ha sticker on the front, but no idea about a UPC on the cellophane as they came direct from Epitaph and didn't go to distributors. Also do you really care that much to call a sticker on the cellophane a variant?

I'm probably the biggest Rancid collector I know and you won't see me buying the red or white because of a UPC sticker on a piece of plastic.

FUUUUUCK I WANT THIS

The blue streaks is from the original clear /155? Have any gone at auction? Good to hear the Opaque pops up on occasion, I might own one some day.

-I want 3-4 more smoked declines to show the variance and the weird opaque blue guy.

-An OG Longest Line that's more blue than purple

-White Errorism

-Color 7" Box set

-30th ann. LP Box(just the box, probably have to buy a set and sell the other stuff)

-7" OTM 2XLP on blue

-22 songs on yellow, maybe

Also I know they ha sticker on the front, but no idea about a UPC on the cellophane as they came direct from Epitaph and didn't go to distributors. Also do you really care that much to call a sticker on the cellophane a variant?

I'm probably the biggest Rancid collector I know and you won't see me buying the red or white because of a UPC sticker on a piece of plastic.

I could care less about any differences for my collecting purposes but I do like to know the background of my records. It's free nerding. I wouldn't call it a variant, if I was variant collecting it either. I think I'm the only person with a 2014 copy at the moment so just offering details on it. The stickering difference, if there is one, doesn't really help people with a 2010 anyway since it seems that all one would need to do is toss the wrap and call it 2010. unless they were pressed and packaged at the same time, there has to an identifier. It's pretty difficult to make an Identical press years apart when it's the goal, to do it buy accident...Improbable.

Do you guys ever wonder where some of these copies end up? I feel like if somebody had a yellow /220 copy of 22 Songs... or a clear Decline they'd, y'know, say something about it. They'd have a profile on the FWW and make it known that they own one of the copies, sort of like how there's that database of all the PMRC 7"s with the different b-side labels.

My hope is that some of them end up setting stagnant in some record store for years and years, without anybody really knowing the value of them. I know that's sort of a pipe dream, but I saw a guy on Instagram who apparently found one of the condom-colored copies of Ribbed in a dollar bin or something.

Imagine finding one of those red copies of Liberal Animation like that...

Yes the clear with blue streaks is from the original pressing. They sell for about the same as the standard clear

Not everyone cares about the rarity of their records. That's something that's fairly new that's come in the last 10 years or so. So it's likely that some people have those and just don't know or care about the rarity. They have them to just listen to.

Yes the clear with blue streaks is from the original pressing. They sell for about the same as the standard clear

Not everyone cares about the rarity of their records. That's something that's fairly new that's come in the last 10 years or so. So it's likely that some people have those and just don't know or care about the rarity. They have them to just listen to.

Right, but if they just did a Google search for "clear Decline NOFX" to find out some info or anything, they'd be bombarded with information about how rare and coveted they are. Sure, some people still wouldn't care, but I think it'd be difficult to just have no idea that your records are worth ridiculous amounts of money.

I had an OG Siren songs of the counterculture that I bought in 05. They weren't going for a lot untill the last few years. Its not the same as, finding a clear decline in the dollar bin at Ameba Records (that's the version I heard) but people were paying $200-400 for it, and I spining it without a clue. I was pretty shocked that I didn't know. I like knowing the history on my records and their value is apart of that. It could be possible. Now the person owns the store and the dollar bin, should know better...

greetings, all

i'm new to this message board, but this string of epitaph reissues has interested me (read: aggravated) quite a bit.  

where i live i can't find most of the titles at hot topic or local indie stores.

nonetheless, i've been trying to keep an updated list on my little website.

http://www.vinylhunters.net/blog/2014/4/2/epitaph-2014-reissues-updated-complete-list

can anyone provide any additional info they may have on the list?  i.e. releases i may have missed

Do you guys ever wonder where some of these copies end up? I feel like if somebody had a yellow /220 copy of 22 Songs... or a clear Decline they'd, y'know, say something about it. They'd have a profile on the FWW and make it known that they own one of the copies, sort of like how there's that database of all the PMRC 7"s with the different b-side labels.

My hope is that some of them end up setting stagnant in some record store for years and years, without anybody really knowing the value of them. I know that's sort of a pipe dream, but I saw a guy on Instagram who apparently found one of the condom-colored copies of Ribbed in a dollar bin or something.

Imagine finding one of those red copies of Liberal Animation like that...

I have a yellow 22 songs!  :D is that what you mean?

Joking aside, How do you mean "say something about it?" Im sure if you check our users record lists over at Fat Wreck Wiki™ would find quite a few of us with them. We don't have a database or something similar for every rare NOFX release, that would be a nightmare to manage.

I would love to own a Clear Decline or Grey/Purple LL but at the prices they're at, I doubt ill ever get them, and hence never complete my NOFX 12" collection. I think I need 5 more 12"s then I would be done for my NOFX 12", but I don't think I could part with the cash for them. I would never try and complete the 7" collection as its cost me enough as it is.

I was trying to explain to my girlfriend why I need every colour of every NOFX 12" but she didn't understand! She thinks Its mad I own, for example 9 copies of Ribbed on different colours. I often agree with her but like Perma said on the wiki, "I'm closer to the end!". I often think about selling up on my NOFX collection an spending the money getting loads more records that I want, but I can never follow through. I would only possibly trade them for a couple of records I really want. Collecting NOFX variants is an absolute pain in the tits, but I can't help myself!

It's mostly just on the a-side, everything is really grainy and distorted, drums, vocals, etc. Could just be my copy, I guess we'll find out soon!

You might be able to take it in for an exchange if they still have any copies. When I spoke to the guy at my Hot Topic, he said that if there's damage to the record (I think we can safely assume that this counts as damage), they will exchange. You should go in, ask if they've gotten any similar complaints, and if not it's probably your copy and you're good to exchange. 

I'll call my local store tomorrow and see if they have copies of it. If they do, I'll pick one up, spin it, and let you know if I get the same problem.

You might be able to take it in for an exchange if they still have any copies. When I spoke to the guy at my Hot Topic, he said that if there's damage to the record (I think we can safely assume that this counts as damage), they will exchange. You should go in, ask if they've gotten any similar complaints, and if not it's probably your copy and you're good to exchange. 

I'll call my local store tomorrow and see if they have copies of it. If they do, I'll pick one up, spin it, and let you know if I get the same problem.

That would actually rock if you or anyone else could check to see if it sounds distorted, since I know they've got 3 more copies in their record drawer I could swap it for. Thanks!

Just got an email from Hot Topic. Despite ordering Out Come The Wolves on 2nd April, its just gone through as out of stock. So that means Heavy Petting Zoo cost $41.50 just for shipping instead of spreading the same shipping cost over 2 records. $64 for 1 record. lol. I hope it ends up being worth that much in the future!

Just got an email from Hot Topic. Despite ordering Out Come The Wolves on 2nd April, its just gone through as out of stock. So that means Heavy Petting Zoo cost $41.50 just for shipping instead of spreading the same shipping cost over 2 records. $64 for 1 record. lol. I hope it ends up being worth that much in the future!

Why not cancel the whole order, go to missing link, poison city or polyester and save yourself $35

Why not cancel the whole order, go to missing link, poison city or polyester and save yourself $35

The order shipped already by the time I checked my email this afternoon. I did want Heavy Petting Zoo in red though... just paid a very heavy price for it. 

Missing Link since they moved have only a tiny range and Polyester have hardly any punk records any more. Last time I tried to do a special order they made a fuss. Basically Heartland Records and Poison City and even then its marginal. Ritual Music was the best, but its now closed