Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

My local store got copies of White Trash. I'm probably gonna run out there today and pick up that and Eating Lamb since I passed on it last time, depending on whether they're stilling doing the buy-one-get-one-half-off sale. 

The guy also told me that they got copies of Pump up the Valuum. I'm assuming it's the black repress from KRM, but if it's not, I will post updates when I return. Not planning on buying it so there won't be pictures unless it's something super cool.

The guy said "We have everything through Pump up the Valuum," but I'm assuming what he meant was everything up to that record because they didn't have any copies of it (they didn't have Liberal Animation or S&M either, but we already knew that). I guess he just misspoke. Sorry to let you guys down!

On another note, the red Eating Lamb looks really good. White Trash... looks pretty similar to my yellow copy of Liberal Animation, but I'm just happy to finally have a copy of this record.

Dear Epitaph, 

Please repress Recipe For Hate on maybe say Trans-Smoky Brown, Like the Hot Topic SLAT's. That way, it would match the artwork and it wouldn't be the same as any of the other Bad Religion variants I have. That would mess up my collection.

Thanks,

Sm0kedDecline

TheBadReligionEssentials860px_zps44042f6

My White AOCTW is at the post office, I'll post pics tonight.

So wait... there are indie record stores getting exclusive color presses of these records?  Sorry.... been out of the loop.  I saw that Hot Topic is supposed to get a grey pressing of generator and that they got no control on blue.  But indie stores got no control on pink, against the grain on clear yellow, and then generator on green then?

Thanks for any help.  Gotta track em down!

keevhren?!?! I remember your screen name from a long time ago. You have the craziest BR collection ever, I assume you still have them. There's a Hot Topic Version and a indie store variant for each and The Epitaph Web Store seems to be loosely following that but hasn't done all of them, has had some exclusives and isn't announcing anything, just dropping random bombs! This what's known, the colors are indie store, Hot Topic and Epitaph store(if they've done one) The Opaque Lime Green Generators are just starting to show up and the HT Generator on Grey Swirl hasn't dropped yet. Trans Pink No Controls are online and possibly at your local store and Trans Blue No Control's, I think are still on HT's website. The Dates are tentative HT drop dates and change because of RSD pile ups, so it's a guide line at best;

Is Impact still around?

Indie store Hot Topic Epitaph Store

Rancid – Rancid (OG) Trans Orange /500 Trans Blue/

Rancid - Lets Go 2x10" beige / red /700

Bad Religion - No Control LP Trans Pink/ blue /700

3/11

NOFX - Ribbed LP red / clear /800

Pennywise - Pennywise LP purple / blue /700 clear /

3/25

NOFX - So Long and Thanks... LP pink / Smoked Brown /800

NOFX - Punk In Drublic LP p green / Opaque Pink /800

Rancid - Life Won'T Wait LP orange / blue /800

Rancid - Rancid 2000 LP red / white /800

Pennywise - Unknown Road LP white/ orange /650 Trans Blue /500

Bouncing Souls - Hopeless Romantic LP opaque aqua / \ orange /700

4/1

NOFX - White Trash LP purple / yellow /750

NOFX - Heavy Petting Zoo/Eating Lamb LP blue / red /800

Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves LP white / red /800

4/8

The Bouncing Souls – How/Vacation LP red / blue /700

Millencolin - Pennybridge Pioneers LP red / brown /700 Orange /500

Millencolin - For Monkeys LP purple / green /500

Descendents - Everything Sucks LP orange / purple /750

Pennywise - About Time LP Trans red / yellow /700 Smoked Clear /500

4/15

Millencolin - Life On A Plate LP green / blue /700

Bad Religion - Generator LP Opaque Lime Green/ gray /700

Bad Religion - Against the Grain LP Trans yellow / purple /700

The Bouncing Souls - Bouncing Souls LP clear /500 red /750 Trans Gold /500

Dear Epitaph, 

Please repress Recipe For Hate on maybe say Trans-Smoky Brown, Like the Hot Topic SLAT's. That way, it would match the artwork and it wouldn't be the same as any of the other Bad Religion variants I have. That would mess up my collection.

Thanks,

Sm0kedDecline

TheBadReligionEssentials860px_zps44042f6

My White AOCTW is at the post office

WHERE WERE YOU ABLE TO HUNT DOWN THAT WHITE aoctw???

I won't hold it against you. Just kidding. I never bought anything past wolves but I downloaded Life Won't wait a few days ago just in case it grabbed me. It's good but all my amazing albums are draining the bank. I'll capitalize and bold "MY" when I post pictures of MY essential Pennywise.

That's a bummer for collectors with a 2010. But if they kept the indie store variants at 500 it's still the rarer of the two, unless there's a notible diffrence between the reds.

For $50+shipping you can have mine. You won't even have go to the store. You'll save gas and time, you won't even have to unseal it. You'll basically be making money...

I don't get it... there is effectively an infinite number of colors to repress these records on, and they press AOCTW on white again? I mean, they're clearly not making too much of an effort to match cover art (pink PID just looks garish), so it's not as if they're limited in their choice of color.

It's not gonna stop me from buying them because I'm just getting my collection going, but shit. Seems like pressing AOCTW on white again would sell fewer copies - since I imagine most of the first pressing went to Rancid collectors, right? I suppose it's nice for some people to have a second chance to get them, but if they're identical to the previous press then they're both being devalued.

I don't think they are worried about collectors keeping their collections complete and care more about keeping these classic albums in print.

In my opinion, if all they cared about was keeping these records in print, they would press them on black vinyl in larger production numbers. Epitaph has made it clear that it's about the money for them at this point - I'm not complaining, since I am buying all of these NOFX records, but I'm inclined to believe they're much more interested in what sort of return they can make than they are in bringing music from old bands (some of whom aren't even signed to Epitaph anymore) to the fans.

That's just my opinion, though.