Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

It's completely white with a black smudge off to the right of the B side center Label. Any obvious differences from 2010?

wolves_zpse8f9c960.jpg

I noticed something different. The front cover has the four corner frame. Only the first press had it. All represses, including the white and red ones, have three corner frame. Or am I wrong?

Uhg! Were is the auto saved content? I lost a big post. Frig that's annoying

I noticed something different. The front cover has the four corner frame. Only the first press had it. All represses, including the white and red ones, have three corner frame. Or am I wrong?

The side border is thinner than the other three but it's there. Someone said something about these being part of the same batch from 2010. I'm gonna look around for it. maybe these have black mixed in with a variance through the press. there's still at least 499 more to check out.

RancidAOCTWBordersmall600px_zpse6a2db05.

Here's a link to a full sized pic of the front cover;

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag105/Alphanumerica/IMAG2575_zpse4e3ecf7.jpg

Just an FYI, The Creeps and Outtacontroller are sick! Hi-Five Weird Canada!

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 400px; height: 42px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3693380049/size=small/bgcol=333333/linkcol=ffffff/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://thecreeps.bandcamp.com/album/these-walls">These Walls by The Creeps</a></iframe>

IMAG2642_zps59b25800.jpg

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 400px; height: 42px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=299923883/size=small/bgcol=333333/linkcol=ffffff/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://outtacontroller.bandcamp.com/album/remote-control">Remote Control by OUTTACONTROLLER</a></iframe>

And Variant Collecting! I think Epitaph is having their cake, eating it and serving it up as well...After the 2009 represses were released It wasn't long after that the 2010's were announced like a month or so. and then January 2010 they started dropping. a lot of people were pissed and I was at a point were I was deciding if I was gonna start variant collecting NOFX. It seemed like they might go No Idea style but with the opposite philosophy. The speculation was actually a major part of the reason I slowed my collecting down. But they didn't do it. Other than the winter of 09-10 and maybe random exception here or there have they consistently had back to back limited color pressings for anything? Thinking about it all now I think Epitaph is paying perfect attention to demand. There's obvious intent of differentiating the presses from each other, generally. What was Trans is Opaque and vice versea. They don't have to do that. And if you spend a lot of money on a record, ebay or something and don't understand and except that it can be repressed and indistinguishable from your white whale at any moment, you're really just fooling yourself. But this still rarely happens. We know that there's been hold ups and changes made to the press numbers, colors may have changed as well for the HT & epitaph colors. And there's been nothing stopping them that I know of from having every record they produce stocked on a limited color for always. They haven't done that. This round has more stuff being put on limited color for the first time than color represses. And the full story on AOCTW is down the road and at worst, it's the exception not the standard. I'm just chatting about it all.

I too, once felt obligated to buy ugly records. RAR on purple swirl anyone? Pick a press! I laugh at myself for attempting to collect the impossible. And NOFX is impossible too right? Not that there's anything wrong with attempting the impossible, just understand that you're gonna get creamed. I think there's one person that has the possibility and probably does. But only because Fat Mike gave him a copy of the 7" he pressed for his Ex-wife engagement or something, along with a death threat if he ever made the music public or the record left his possession. It's /5 or /10. And have any copies of the Lance Benefit autographed Wolves in Wolves on Yellow swirl /22, w/ thank you note ever auction or get traded? Good luck on that guy.

And if anyone is looking to start an Against Me collection, PM me...

nofx isnt impossible to collect by any means. 

that 7 inch youre talking about isnt a NOFX release anyway its just Fat Mike acoustic. so thats not a record NOFX collectors have to worry about getting. 

if you say its impossible, there are a few peoples collections i would like to point you towards.

• Compared to Discogs the matrix is the same and the original UPC is the same But UPC sticker that covers it on the cellophane is different and there's no mention of one for the 2010. 

We're sure the UPC sticker and color sticker are Identical?

• Matrix / Runout: (Side A): 86444-1-A S-31747
  • Matrix / Runout: (Side A): 86444-1-B S-31748IMAG2687_zpsbca58f01.jpg

Discogs 2010 Barcode: 0 457786444-1 4

nofx isnt impossible to collect by any means. 

that 7 inch youre talking about isnt a NOFX release anyway its just Fat Mike acoustic. so thats not a record NOFX collectors have to worry about getting. 

if you say its impossible, there are a few peoples collections i would like to point you towards.

Point taken. That was, in my mind what was making it "impossible." How's the Autographed Lance Benefit Wolves /22 commonly considered. Would that be the limiter or the wierd Bluesplatter Decline? What's the limiting record for NOFX completion?

I have nothing but the up most respect for hardcore variant collectors of any category. You can't get more authentic or intense than batshit crazy. I'm half joking but it's true. And after thinking about Epitaph last night, I've never had more respect for them. They press limited color responsibly. 

In my opinion it's the hazy red Liberal Animation, which is /6. That or the RIAA Certification copy of Punk in Drublic, which may be as low as /2 but is looking to be /3 right now. There was one on eBay a week ago for $900 which is less than half of what the first two sold for.

I didn't even know about that 7" from Fat Mike. That's pretty cool.

those PID RIAA gold records are fake, they pop up on ebay several times a year. 

i wouldnt consider the autographed Wolves a variant personally, since its just an autographed copy of the normal variant. not a special pressing or anything.

the blue streaked clear declines are just transition copies from whatever was pressed before they pressed the clear declines, not a specific variant. 

i would LOVE to own one of the burgudy liberal animations, but thats never happening. a few of the dudes over at FWW have them.

Thanks for the heads-up, I won't get excited over it next time.

The burgundy Liberal Animations just look great. One of the nicest looking variants I've seen for sure. But $2,500 for one record is insane... maybe if I win the lottery, I'll get a copy for each of us, permafaust. ;^)

I also don't understand why the price for blue Surfers are so high, I feel like that market is artificially inflated. They're /500, right? I haven't spent more than $30 on a NOFX record yet and some of mine are /500, granted they are newer but however many years Surfer has been out shouldn't demand such a high price.

Unless, of course, they're not /500, and I just look like an idiot.

theyre /500. its just a really old EP and its a great one at that. i feel like the price is a little high too, the green FTKs are (assumed) /500 as well and those barely sell for $100 now a days. i think its crazy, but NOFX prices have gone down a lot recently, hopefully they continue to drop.

I've never seen or heard of a clear decline with blue streaks!!! I like see it. I've seen pictures of Opaque blue/grey swirl Decline that were from the 2010 Fat Classic? These are off the FatWiki. Is it a spoof? Cause I'd consider paying a lot for it. I don't even know how many were found if it's real. 

declinevariant.jpg

decline.jpg

we should probably take this to another thread or PMs... but

yeah, those are real... theyre transition copies of the yellow with smoke repress. a few people got them, theyre great looking. they sell for a decent amount. id love to own one.

also, surfer sells for more than the SWIWOM because its so much better. not many people like pre 1990/pre epitaph nofx. personally i dont collect pre epitaph NOFX at all.

also, here is a clear decline with blue streaks

800px-Clear_with_blue.JPG

we should probably take this to another thread or PMs... but

yeah, those are real... theyre transition copies of the yellow with smoke repress. a few people got them, theyre great looking. they sell for a decent amount. id love to own one.

also, surfer sells for more than the SWIWOM because its so much better. not many people like pre 1990/pre epitaph nofx. personally i dont collect pre epitaph NOFX at all.

also, here is a clear decline with blue streaks

800px-Clear_with_blue.JPG

FUUUUUCK I WANT THIS