PO: Dum Dum Girls-Too True (Loser Edition + 7")

Kinda got screwed on this due to website oddities. I added this to my cart and went to checkout, it asked me to login. When I logged in it swapped out this release for a Mogwai release that I had added to my cart a while back. So when I completed checkout, I had actually ordered the Mogwai album and not this one. Had to place another order for this item.

Not a huge deal, but money I did not necessarily want to spend.

I ordered it. I go back and forth on this band. Some songs are great and others seem throw away and every song has the same bum-chikchik-bum-chik drum beat but the singer has a great voice and can really belt it.

And yeah, I've had the same issues with the Sub Pop site (stuff I didn't click showing up in the cart). Dumb and they need to fix it.

I really prefer the earlier sound to this Pretenders-esque thing she does now.

The new song sounds like it's from 1984. It sounds like a pop/new wave band, but I'm having trouble putting my finger on which one. I'm still ordering it though.

I think she was kind of envious that Vu was becoming the lady queen of the new wave, goth realm. Not sure why she switched it up to be honest. Nothing wrong with the garage rock she was doing. I'm curious to know whether or not the album is more new wave or garage heavy.

I somehow still haven't listened to the last EP, but I've dug everything they've done up until that.  Not entirely sure about the cover art, but I'm excited for this.

it was so good. so fucking good.

• 1 month later...