Dine Alone Holiday Sale (City and Colour, Alexisonfire, Quicksand, Etc)

Well FML!  Got home from work to find a UPS notice on my door. No big deal until I read the bottom which says $19.99 C.O.D. required!! On top of the $60 I already paid for shipping.  So now with the currency conversion and shipping my $105US vinyl order is going to cost my $200 Canadian!! Shipping that AOF Boxset should be a real treat :rolleyes:

Is $15 of that $19.99 just the fee that UPS charges to collect the money?  I've had to pay C.O.D. a few times on orders from the states.  It is very shitty.

Well FML!  Got home from work to find a UPS notice on my door. No big deal until I read the bottom which says $19.99 C.O.D. required!! On top of the $60 I already paid for shipping.  So now with the currency conversion and shipping my $105US vinyl order is going to cost my $200 Canadian!! Shipping that AOF Boxset should be a real treat :rolleyes:

AOF box is going to ship from Canada! 

Justin -

Ordered a Red/Green Hurry and the Harm and just got a black one in the mail. 

Sent a message to the KingsRoad site. Is this all I should do?

yea, if you dont hear back from them or if things dont work out just email me. [email protected]

AOF box is going to ship from Canada! 

This is the best news I've heard all day!!!  Picked up my package from UPS today.  While having to pay extra "brokerage fees" on top of the shipping definitely sucked, finally having a copy of the OC/YC screened jacket made it bearable. Also the Clear&Smoke Furiousity looks awesome and Sleepy Sun 7" appears more green to me than yellow.

Will the AoF Boxset be availible through a European retailer like banquet? I think I can get together the money for the Boxset but if the shipping is half the price of it on top I won't be able to afford it :o !

I really hope so, it's already in the banquet records site so let us hope.

Besides that, once above €150, the taxes are way higher than the normal €22 we need to pay extra.

The shipping from the US is high but in such cases affordable. The canadian is not :( ! Probably the highest shipping to europe / germany I've ever seen!

The Banquetlisting made me hope as well! I hope they don't only get like 20 copies so they sell out megafast..

I really waited for this since the second it has been announced and I want to get my hands on this so badly.

I ordered a bunch of LPs from this sale.  The Hurry and the Harm and the new Monster Truck LP were supposed to have D/L codes emailed out right after order completed.  Never got any so I emailed Kings Rd.  They sent out the Hurry and the Harm but said to contact Dine Alone for other codes.  Justin?

I ordered a bunch of LPs from this sale.  The Hurry and the Harm and the new Monster Truck LP were supposed to have D/L codes emailed out right after order completed.  Never got any so I emailed Kings Rd.  They sent out the Hurry and the Harm but said to contact Dine Alone for other codes.  Justin?

Nevermind, they finally sent it out.

I ordered two copies of the hurry & the harm, one so that I could have it finally and one to give to my girlfriend for christmas, and when I opened my package, one copy was missing...  I emailed kingsroad, but do y'all think I'm going to be screwed out of my second record because it's now sold out? 

I ordered two copies of the hurry & the harm, one so that I could have it finally and one to give to my girlfriend for christmas, and when I opened my package, one copy was missing...  I emailed kingsroad, but do y'all think I'm going to be screwed out of my second record because it's now sold out? 

See what they say mate. If you get no joy, I guess Justin may be able to help?

They got back to me about my order mix-up and said they'd send out the right copy. So I would just hold out.

I ordered one copy of the Red / Green HATH... their website says it shipped on the 6th (to New Zealand) so it should be here any day now, though the tracking number supplied doesn't register... I hope it is a) actually the Red/Green pressing and b ) not warped. Never received a download code in the end, lets hope that shows up too or I'll have to message them.

sad. I bought THATH green/red too, the green is warped the worst I have ever seen (esp considering it came brand new and sealed), its worse than old records sitting around the garage for two decades, and the red has one centre label falling off.

I have always thought the quality of music(C&C/AOF) is far, far too good for the quality of pressings that DA 'puts out'.

perhaps if you are going to make multiple pressings, get TESTs done every press run, I mean quality control is important, no?

You do realize that center labels and/or warped records have nothing to do with tests right? Also if you ordered from the new Dine Alone store your merch order is fulfilled in LA and not Toronto. You might want to e-mail Kings Road Merch first.

tests pressings have nothing to do with quality control...mmmmm. I guess they reject some cause they looked at them funny.

k, well maybe a monkey at the press machine checking to make sure things are going smoothly,

that could be better quality control. no offence rainbo records.

and

why are you going off on where everything is located? its okay, you know more than everyone, you win.

for what it's worth, you were throwing around the internet-bad-ass tone before anyone else...

Mine arrived, green is warped. Not sure how it plays cause I'm not home. Sadly, I'm not impressed seeing as this record cost so much ($25 plus $26 in shipping - got two Lonely Life 7" as well).

did you order from KR or Dal's store? either way - let me know if youre having issues getting a replacement, i'll sort you out.

sad. I bought THATH green/red too, the green is warped the worst I have ever seen (esp considering it came brand new and sealed), its worse than old records sitting around the garage for two decades, and the red has one centre label falling off.

I have always thought the quality of music(C&C/AOF) is far, far too good for the quality of pressings that DA 'puts out'.

perhaps if you are going to make multiple pressings, get TESTs done every press run, I mean quality control is important, no?

first off, it happens. obviously no one wants it to be their record but sometimes it is. id also assume you've already emailed the store you bought it from to get a replacement? we have a CS team ready for just this reason. 

i'm also available to hear your complaints about the quality of the pressings we "put out".. how else do you feel we have let down our artists?

as someone mentioned below test pressings have no baring on the issues you've experienced. you're right to say that test pressings are an integral part of QC - that is not the issue here. 

it sucks you got a lemon, we're here to help fix that. feel free to email me: [email protected]

Wonder if that Hannah Georgas LP comes with the signed print?

they don't unfortunately, sorry pal! 

tests pressings have nothing to do with quality control...mmmmm. I guess they reject some cause they looked at them funny.

k, well maybe a monkey at the press machine checking to make sure things are going smoothly,

that could be better quality control. no offence rainbo records.

and

why are you going off on where everything is located? its okay, you know more than everyone, you win.

LOL. Test presses have to do with sound and not cosmetic purposes like warped records. Instead of assuming that records and center labels are off because of the "quality of test presses" you could have asked instead of sounding silly. The plant has to do quality control on stuff like off center labels. As for the location of stuff, your e-mail for whatever merch company you ordered from would probably be best to contact first. All you have to do is read the e-mail before posting nonsensical musings on a message board. Just trying to help but whatever.