PO: HAVE A NICE LIFE – The Unnatural World LP

jhulud

Up on 11/15 @ Flenser Records.

The Flenser will be releasing the vinyl edition of HAVE A NICE LIFE’s new LP in association with Enemies List Home Recordings. All pre-orders will be handled exclusively by The Flenser. Pre-Orders are set to go live on November 15th 2013. We will be posting tracks shortly thereafter.

New England's Have A Nice Life has been a truly enigmatic band since their inception. Its two primary members, Dan Barrett and Tim Macuga, met while studying at UMass Amherst and began performing "oddly aggressive acoustic songs" at local coffee houses and open mics together. After graduating, Dan and Tim kept writing and minimally released a few demo recordings that continued to sail under the radar. Over the course of the next five years, these recordings were expanded upon and became Have A Nice Life's debut LP, Deathconsciousness (2008), which was initially pressed on 100 CD-R's and expected to sell pretty casually. Over time, the album (which was accompanied by a dense 100-page booklet) generated quite a bit of interest through online exposure and glowing fan reviews and eventually sold out its first pressing. Have A Nice Life kept printing copies, eventually on formal CD and vinyl formats on their own label, Enemies List, to keep up with the seemingly endless demand from an almost cult-like following. Have A Nice Life's The Unnatural World is scheduled for a February 4th, 2014 co-release via The Flenser & Enemies List. The Flenser will also be re-pressing Deathconsciousness in 2014 on vinyl.

http://store.theflenser.com/

^ it's sort of the first new material since 2008 with the exception of the 'time of land' ep. there was also a collection of demos released under the title 'voids' which has other pre-DC material. both are very enjoyable.

I heard a while ago that some of the material from 'voids' has been reworked and will appear on the new album. but that remains to be heard.

i could have sworn the last repress was announced as a one time only repress. i don't care as the more the merrier and i could also just be wrong. anyone remember?

Dan did say that it was going to be a one-time repress. You are correct. But a lot has happened since then. Minds change especially given how "popular" that release has become. I am confident that Flenser will do a good job with the new repress. 

Wow I used to videotape the open mics at umass in 2003-4 and have footage of them playing. I clicked this link thinking 'no it couldn't be the same band'; and it was. I think I even have one of their demo cassette tapes. Good to hear they are still playing.

sell me that demo tape!

^ I feel similarly.

but maybe this release was cutting it a little close to be included in the 'donation member' buble. maybe dan will make something happen for those donators that preorder before the actual release, he's got quite a few months to come up with an idea and get his ducks in a row.

It's been a while since I've visited the Flesner webstore.  Completely forgot it uses the Bigcartel format.  Friday should be all sorts of fun.

Dan did say that it was going to be a one-time repress. You are correct. But a lot has happened since then. Minds change especially given how "popular" that release has become. I am confident that Flenser will do a good job with the new repress. 

Big Cartel...oof. Hopefully, they pressed 1500 and only on Black.

My one PO experience with The Flenser (Grayceon) went smoothly, great communication and everything. Totally glad to not have to deal with ELHR directly on this one!

I'm in the monthly club (for now), having donated already in March for a hoodie that still hasn't arrived and at least shows on my account page as "Unfulfilled" - and oddly, no one else even admits to ordering one(here or FB). Dan won't respond to emails (passive-aggressive I guess, I am polite and maybe total 3 or 4 times email or tweet since July).

Consider it a donation, Dan, if you read here. Nothing but the best to you, bro'. And the White No Fun T PO's you just did as well - I do hope you come through on that one but if not, there's $50 total, and I'll just cancel the monthly thing. I know you feel terrible about the whole thing, depressed and moping melancholy sad. Dang life's just not fair is it? :rolleyes: