Singing Competition TV Shows

I'm going to assume i'm in the minority here, but these shows are my guilty pleasure as of late.

I'm talkin bout, The X-Factor & The Voice. Haven't watched American Idol in years.

But i thought I'd throw this up if anybody else watched/had thoughts or other shit to say.

I'm going to assume i'm in the minority here, but these shows are my guilty pleasure as of late.

I'm talkin bout, The X-Factor & The Voice. Haven't watched American Idol in years.

But i thought I'd throw this up if anybody else watched/had thoughts or other shit to say.

for pop artists its kinda cool, glad the type of music I like cant be exploited on shows like this, but I think some of the talent on these shows is pretty insane.

I've always enjoyed The Voice. Seems to be the more grounded and legit of the competition shows. And they're more appealing to embracing different styles and genres.

American Idol and The X Factor are a joke to me. It's more a popularity contest for wannabes with little talent. Those seem more "discriminatory" in featuring people who don't fit some pop music pretty person artist.

I was watching the voice mainly for Caroline, James is kick ass too tho.

The X factor tries to boast that it's for everyone, but I'm quickly learning its marketed towards the Tweens. And Simon cowell has signed former contestants to his label whether they won or not but they usually fuck up their push/marketing/music and they slip back into obscurity.

The only season of any of these I ever watched was when Adam Lambert was on American Idol. He was so fucking good. But the "moral majority" fucked him by voting for the clean cut knob.

AL's version of "Mad World" is still one of the best covers I've heard.

But dammit did he go on to make some real shitty faux-glam pop garbage.

So yeah, there's my story.

No idea how many seasons.

Kelly clarkson, Carrie underwood, clay Aiken (who is famous for... Being... Gay?), fantasia barrino starred on broadway, aforementioned Adam lambert is now on glee, Daughtry made some awful nickelbackesque music that made him lots of $, David cook makes mediocre music and makes conservative girl's panties wet, David archuleta had that one song that was kinda cool, I think that's everyone. Basically if you wanna sell your soul and make bad pop music for a while before you have a little control of your music (a la clarkson, underwood) then American idol is the way to go.

No idea how many seasons.

Kelly clarkson, Carrie underwood, clay Aiken (who is famous for... Being... Gay?), fantasia barrino starred on broadway, aforementioned Adam lambert is now on glee, Daughtry made some awful nickelbackesque music that made him lots of $, David cook makes mediocre music and makes conservative girl's panties wet, David archuleta had that one song that was kinda cool, I think that's everyone. Basically if you wanna sell your soul and make bad pop music for a while before you have a little control of your music (a la clarkson, underwood) then American idol is the way to go.

Don't forget Kellie Pickler and her red high heels (not a winner, 6th place)

I've always enjoyed The Voice. Seems to be the more grounded and legit of the competition shows. And they're more appealing to embracing different styles and genres.

American Idol and The X Factor are a joke to me. It's more a popularity contest for wannabes with little talent. Those seem more "discriminatory" in featuring people who don't fit some pop music pretty person artist.

you forgot to mention your real reason for liking the voice ;]

i watch the voice when i'm at the gym. it's better that way because i don't have to actually hear the people sing, and can just make up nicknames for them and criticize them based on their appearance. sometimes i look them up on youtube because i really want to hear what they sound like (like the guy last year who looked like a hobbit. i wanted to hear what a hobbit sounded like when he burst into song.)

i also like seeing adam levine's face.

I am butthurt about emblem3. After I saw them on the show last year I downloaded their self released album. Some catchy stuff. Weird sublime/pop rock hybrid.

That album they put out with cowell is so bad.

Saw in an interview one of the dudes said "he told us to sing the pop music now, get our name out there, build our fan base, and the fans will follow us to the next album"

Yeesh.

But yeah, those dudes are pretty hot.

This girl I know is literally obsessed with them (it's pretty terrifying - she bought the DCFC Barsuk Years boxset and gifted it to Keaton...).  I saw her posting all over Tumblr about them so I asked her for a stream of their record to see if I can see what the hype was all about.  I totally got the Sublime vibe right away, but the pseudo-rapping just didn't do anything for me.  I feel like his timing was always off in comparison to the rhythm of the song.  Idk, whatever, haha.

Keaton's like 17. I hope this girl you know is like your little sister or something.

I mean as far as their current music goes, I think they're being pushed as an edgy one direction boy band trio, which totally bums me out since I sincerely enjoy Wesley's voice and ain't about to listen to songs about being "teenage kings" or the girl next door.

PM'd.

Whenever she posts/reblogs poems or relationship-y things, she tags it with #K, which means you know who...  most of her crazy happens in her tags, so watch out for that.  Also, her user pic features her in a MEOW hat.. she gifted that hat to Keaton and he wears it all the time and she FLIPS OUT whenever there's photographic proof.

Have fun.

Clay Aiken didnt win, Rueben Studdard did, and he did a few soul/gospel albums, but that shit aint popular so they dropped him. I met him about 8 years ago at a Six Flags when he was performing there (after he had won). He had 25 underprivileged kids with him that he paid to go on all the rides for.

soul/gospel is still well supported within its niche.  but not to the level that AI's label wanted/was hoping it would be.

Clay Aiken didnt win, Rueben Studdard did, and he did a few soul/gospel albums, but that shit aint popular so they dropped him. I met him about 8 years ago at a Six Flags when he was performing there (after he had won). He had 25 underprivileged kids with him that he paid to go on all the rides for.

Aw that's really sweet of him.

well that was a trip down weird lane. i can't believe this chick is over the age of 15. And dear god she is horny for 18-21 year old pop stars.

Weird is one way to put it, haha.  Yeah I don't think she's ever had a boyfriend (I'm almost 100% positive about that).  Just by the way she talks about sexual....things? makes me feel like she hasn't had much experience with boys at all. =\